Will my friends hate me if I leave the band?

• Will my friends hate me if I leave the band?

Well the college I go to is holding an x-factor style competition and I enjoy singing so I decided that as a laugh me and my friends would enter. I got together a couple of my friends who can sing or said they could and we went for a practice. At the practice I discovered that no offence but one of them really really couldnt sing and the other two are good but are nervous and wont do it properly! So i thought it doesnt matter anyway it's just a laugh but then I was told that talent agents and record contract people will be coming to watch the performances!!!! I do love singing and I have a producer and go to a studio but if I got a record deal it would be amazing! Anyway so I mentioned to one of my friend that I want to do it alone because I feel were are all holding each other back and we would be better doing it on our own but then she started saying I was selfish and that i thought I was better ect... I dont know what to do because I really want to do this but i really really dont want to loose my friends :(
    • Re: Will my friends hate me if I leave the band?

Well yeah, you are selfish, but that doesn't have to be bad, and you think you are better, but that could be true.
      Talk to them. Honestly.
      If they get angry, they probably aren't too good friends anyways, if it's just a laugh for them and a real chance for you.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]He holds me in his big arms
      Drunk and I am seeing stars
      This is all I think of
      [/SIZE]

[/CENTER]