My friend was almost raped.

• My friend was almost raped.

As you can probably tell form the title, my friend was almost raped a few years ago by her cousin. He pinned her to the bed when he was drunk one night and tried to undress her but someone knocked on the bedroom door so he stopped and left. She was 14 and he was 17 and she has never told anyone except from me.

Anyway, now she's 16 and has a boyfriend of about a year and a half but she is afraid to do anything more than kiss and hug. She says it's just because she stresses about these things (she's been diagnosed with anxiety) but i think it's to do with her encounter with her cousin. After all that was around the time that she got diagnosed with the anxiety issues becase she woke up in the night with panic attacks.

I don't know how i can help her. I don't know whether it's the kind of thing that i should encourage her to tell someone about, or tell someone myself, or to get her to talk to me about it in the hope of releasing some of the stress of keeping it a secret. Or maybe i should just leave it alone all together.

Any help is appreciated here thank you.
    • Re: My friend was almost raped.

That sounds kinda scary, im sorry she had to go through with that. I think you should do a little of all three. You being a good friend to her and being able to talk things out helps a lot but if you can convince her to reach out for other help as well can be a benefit, offer some help for that if need be o3o just my advise for ya, hope it kinda lends u a hand as to what to do in this situation.

Tell her that she wasn't actually raped and not everyone is an incestuous fuckwad like her cousin. :)
      [CENTER]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Black"]When the city sleeps, I'm wide awake.
      You know what I see? High rises. Low lifes.
      Bright lights and back alleys.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

One of my old girlfriends went through the same thing. They keep these things bottles up inside them and it just eats them away from inside. The best thing you can do for you friend is just to be there for her. Maybe you can talk to her about it, but not force her to talk about it. That is one of the worst things you can do. Just let her know that you are always there for her if she needs it. You need to be comforting and maybe you can slowly reintroduce her to everything. How is up to you. But the most important thing is be there for her and don't force anything on her. Hope things work out for you and her.
      [/QUOTE]I am extremely good at being extremely lazy.[/QUOTE]Live is not a piece of pie.