My stupid little problems

• My stupid little problems

Well, I've sort of not been right for a while (at least over a year and a half) and I just feel so sad and lonely all the time, theres not been a day where I don't feel really depressed at some point and its horrible. I think my problems just stem from the fact that I'm single and always have been, like I've tried obviously but always get rejected every single time and its been quite a few now (at least 7 or 8) so I always feel like there's something wrong with me. Now its just got to the point where I just feel hopeless and can't be bothered trying again because I know I'll just get hurt by it again and again.

Plus theres the fact of my friends, I mean I have friends but no one ever sort of texts me or talks to me out of the blue so to speak its always me who initiates conversations and I always seem to be left out of things, like if they're going out, they'll never ask me or anything. Also my parents just make me feel like a self conscious piece of shit. Sometimes it gets really bad, recently I've been having suicidal thoughts (I have no intention of carrying them out but its worrying none the less) and I have self harmed in the past and I do get urges to relapse sometimes b ut so far I've remained clean.

I know these are just stupid and pathetic little problems and theres people much worse than me but its just bothering me a lot lately and it just gets too much sometimes. They probably sound like stupid and pathetic reasons why I'm sad to you
    • Re: My stupid little problems

samc88 wrote:

...I think my problems just stem from the fact that I'm single and always have been, like I've tried obviously but always get rejected every single time and its been quite a few now (at least 7 or 8) so I always feel like there's something wrong with me. Now its just got to the point where I just feel hopeless and can't be bothered trying again because I know I'll just get hurt by it again and again.

Chin up, bud. No problem stems from being single and just because you're single, or have been rejected in the past, doesn't necessarily preclude you from future relationships. That is, unless you give up.

samc88 wrote:

Plus theres the fact of my friends, I mean I have friends but no one ever sort of texts me or talks to me out of the blue so to speak its always me who initiates conversations and I always seem to be left out of things, like if they're going out, they'll never ask me or anything.

Perhaps they are not really your friends. Don't get me wrong, you may be a great guy, it might just be that they don't think you can relate with them. From what I've observed, people who tend to hang out together and get along very well had had something in common. For example, a group may spawn out of two friends who had known each other their entire lives. Therefore, you must ask yourself whether (1) you want to relate to them (2) in what way can you relate to them such that you can build on that relationship.

Wikipedia: Rapport

You seem to be the outgoing type (or it may be that you just want the healthy and casual active social life). If that is the case, then you shouldn't stop initiating conversation with others and have one of those personal talks.

samc88 wrote:

Also my parents just make me feel like a self conscious piece of shit. Sometimes it gets really bad, recently I've been having suicidal thoughts (I have no intention of carrying them out but its worrying none the less) and I have self harmed in the past and I do get urges to relapse sometimes b ut so far I've remained clean.

I'm sorry that your family treats you this way. My family are very loving although they're far from perfect and so I can't relate with you on a personal level here. However, we've had to deal with a few important personal issues in the past. My advice to you is to address it openly. With your family, you want to be extra patient and be more attentive, reflective and understanding.

Don't commit suicide, yet. Keep weighing your options against that choice. There are things left to look forward to like ... the kiss from *your* perfect woman (I make no promise here if your dream girl is a photoshoped supermodel). There are plenty good movies left to watch, books to read, friends to make, etc... When you find yourself thinking about suicide, focus on what you haven't done that you would like to do.

Most importantly though, convince yourself that there is plenty left to do because there is. Death is boring. Period.

samc88 wrote:

I know these are just stupid and pathetic little problems and theres people much worse than me but its just bothering me a lot lately and it just gets too much sometimes. They probably sound like stupid and pathetic reasons why I'm sad to you

Don't belittle your problems. Problems are problems and it's irrelevant whether one is more severe than the next. What is relevant is if and how they get solved.