Pretty Uneasy Right Now...

• Pretty Uneasy Right Now...

To start off, I've always wanted to enlarge my social circle a little more this year. Namely, I have striven to make more girl friends, but I recently stopped doing that, because I started to realize that girls aren't really that important, after all.

Ok so there's this guy named Ted (not a real name), whom I've had classes with last year: band, literature, and science. He is a pretty knowledgeable person, and he has intimate knowledge in biology, like, he's sort of an encyclopedia. He also has a good knowledge at math, which is MY field of mastery, and we often talk. He acts as a good leader to everyone. For example, he was an officer at my middle last year, and he elected for Treasurer this year in high school. He didn't win it though.

Now, the thing about Ted, is that he seems to always have a lot of friends. I've always seen him hanging out with hella lot of girls since last year, and this year we were both in marching band, and he seemed to be friends with almost every single girl in it. I also see that his Facebook is full of pictures of him with girls.

Another thing is that, he acts very queer around girls. He acts like he lost his mind. He always hugs them constantly. From the way I see it, he seems to take the initiative and hugs the girl without asking, and the girl just hugs him back. He very frequently touches them. Of course, the girl would give a yell, but I'm not sure if they're enjoying it or not. Also, I think he is trying to be the nice guy around everyone. I mean, I know that I need to be somewhat considerate around others, and I do it, but do I really need to go as far as hugging other people and acting too ratchet? I (think I) have a lot of friends that care about me because I care about them, but do I need to go THAT far?

For example, when my concert band class was watching our performance in a video, and he was handing out cookies to his girl friends. A couple of other guys and I caught him, and we started crowding around him. He looked at us, laughed, but didn't give us the cookies. Other people brought cookies, though, so I was somewhat more satisfied. Also, he has a lot of friends from the "popular" group too. Well, I mean, I do as well, and after all, "fitting into the group" is a stupid thing to think about. I've learned that big lesson last year.

I guess my biggest concern for me is whether or not it is right for guys to act like that around girls. I do try to act chill around them as well; I always try to listen to what they say, and just be confident in myself in general. But I think Ted's act is WAY too extreme. So I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this situation. I also wanted you guys to decide whether or not I'm just being jealous and over-analyzing things.

The post was edited 1 time, last by o_O ().