You are the radio star...

• You are the radio star...

[ame='http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19cbz_the-buggles-video-killed-the-radio_music']The Buggles Video Killed The Radio Star - Vìdeo Dailymotion[/ame]

In 1978, the Buggles released their song "Video Killed the Radio Star," a song about the rapid progression of music from radio to television during the 1960s. I discovered the song when I was very young, and fell in love. Now, years later, I've noticed something odd about it.

If you skip to about 2:13 in the video, you can hear the lead singer repeat lines from the previous verses; "In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind, we've gone too far." However, right after that, he sings a line from the verse before the one he just repeated. He is, in fact, rewinding.

The last line heard is, "Put the blame on VTR." At first I thought this was incorrect. Surely the line was VCR. I was wrong. A VTR was an early video tape recorder, hence the name. As a companion to the VCR and video cassette tapes, it is now considered obsolete, just as home radio is now obsolete with the invention of television.

Shortly after, you can hear a woman singing. "You are a radio star..."

"You are the radio star."

The chorus starts in immediately after, repeatedly assuring you that, you guessed it, video killed the radio star. Don't forget that you are the radio star.

And you are obsolete.
      [COLOR="Red"][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"]Life's a thousand yesterdays to learn from, a thousand tomorrows to plan for, and one today to be the best you can be.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

The post was edited 8 times, last by TheGirlyEmo: Video didn't embed properly. Tried like fifty times to get it right, still not working. Sorry! ().