What Should I do?

• What Should I do?

Hi, I'm a tenth grader in high school. I feel very traumatized right now. Should I take a break?

First off, there is a girl whom I've been wanting to make friends with. She was in my math class last year, and she is one grade level older than me. She always seems happy, and she has a great laugh and smile--she's very cute in general hahaa. Plus we're both Japanese, so I had thought that making friends with her should be easy, but apparently, having the same ethnicity doesn't guarantee the easiness of making friends. Smh.

Okay, for the context for this post, let's call her Eri.

Even though we had the same classes together as I have mentioned, we barely had a chance to talk to each other, mainly because I was a huge wuss. I still have this problem today--I have a problem that I get more or less shy when trying to talk to cool kids or girls. Quite frankly, "being yourself" clearly doesn't work out for me. I really wish there is a way to fix this problem...

Anyways, even though we barely talked to each other, I had often found myself staring at her, and she often caught me do so. What's worse, it's pretty much the same way, too. And this is a really, really, REALLY bad sign. I should know because in eighth grade, I used to have a crush on a girl in my grade, and she gradually thought of me as a creepy stalker because I never talked and only looked at her. On top of that, I did a ton of weird things to the girl I had a crush on at the time, including trying to crash into her sleepover party (girls only).

But quite honestly, I've never done anything creepy or weird to Eri. And just to clarify, I don't try to date her or anything--I just want to be friends. That's all. But it seems to be hard to do so, because we don't have the same classes anymore this year. Only thing is, there is a club called Japanese National Honor Society, and Eri is an officer of the club. I've been thinking that I can join it to have a chance to talk to her once more.

But I'm really scared that she might already be thinking of me as a creepy dude, because I often find myself unconsciously looking at her (she often notices. Darnit.) And joining the club can just prove it to her. Perhaps my chance was over since last year when I couldn't talk to her EVEN THOUGH WE HAD THE SAME CLASSES.

Should I just pull myself together and quit already? I think I've had enough of this crap...it may be time I took a break. Or is there anything I can do?:confused:
    • Re: What Should I do?

Does she have the same social media you have? Like facebook, email, twitter, instagram? If so, you could try speaking to her that way. It may be easier for you, and then you can build the confidence to speak to her in real life.
      [COLOR="Black"][FONT="Courier New"][SIZE="4"]"The pursuit of happiness is a most ridiculous phrase; if you pursue happiness you'll never find it."[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]