Depressed

• hey everyone.

I moved to a new school and feel quite lonely. I have made a few friends who hurt me sometimes.I would actually wish for a better situation. Also, I feel as if ppl judge me a lot and it really annoys me. For example, when my history teacher was watching me doing my work on the laptop, I was uncomfortable.I guess she noticed and told me ''Don't stress out im just looking at ur work''. It wasnt even something I did deliberately. i was just curious if others also feel this way when they are being observed and face a similar situation?:)
    • Re: Depressed

We do; and that scenario with the laptop totally played out in anime form in my mind...

Judging people is necessary. If someone doesnt judge you, how can they know what they feel towards you? or how can they see what you're doing wrong or right, in order to help or compliment... Judgement is only bad when it's done unfairly or without a just reason; like judging a Muslim and instantly thinking "terrorist!" based on that alone.

I get nervous when people are watching what I'm doing, but less so when I have completed something and put it out there. Like if I had someone watch me while I tried to program, I'd hate it and feel embarrassed because I have a weird way of doing things and I'm really not that smart; but if I complete part of it I have far fewer issues with people looking at it and giving their opinion.

Often times if I can't get something like a paper in a form i judge to be "okay" for someone to view and judge me based on, I'd often just toss it out and either try again or just give up.

If you "stress out", I would guess that it's because of your self consciousness and the fact that you care about their opinion.

If you didn't care about their opinion, like if they were someone who you deemed to be "a stupid idiot" and whenever you they say something you cringe;

if they were to look at your work like the teacher did, would you feel the same stress/shyness or would it just be a pure annoyance and a "....thefuck u lookin at?" feeling?

Then again, if you felt that towards the teacher it's probably something with a deep-rooted emotional and social issue within yourself and your past. That kind of reaction would normally come off as "bitchy".

If it was just a stress / self conscious / shyness, then that's just fuckin adorable
      (anime-version of scenario still playing through head)
      [SIGPIC]http://www.thecommonage.net/mandala.gif[/SIGPIC]
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net
    • Re: Depressed

girlshavesecrets wrote:

Thanks ''The Sorrow''. I was self-concious because i didnt do much when she came over to look.. I dont understand the part about emotional problem/past?

Being g self conscious is to be expected. What I said about past issues and emotional problems would only apply if you felt hostile or angry in your situation. Being self-conscious or shy or feeling nervous is completely normal (much more common for introverts but possible for extroverts as well). If you felt angry at the teacher or felt threatened and was predisposed to violence because of it, then that would lead me to believe that its a far deeper issue.

But from what it sounds like, that isn't the case so feel free to completely ignore that. See how you gave the reason for why you were self-conscious? If not the main reason, at least the reason for the intensity of your feelings. It goes without saying that you understand that in the given situation, that feeling is very common and likely to occur for many people.
      [SIGPIC]http://www.thecommonage.net/mandala.gif[/SIGPIC]
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net
    • I used to feel the same when my teacher stared at me. I have to say I felt really uncomfortable, then I started feeling normal and everytime one of my teachers used to do that I asked them about their opinion on my homework or something similar to that. They will just answer and go away, leaving you alone. Good luck with it.
      Life is beautiful if you know how to live it.
      ...today was a good day...get ready for the tomorrow!