Anyone can relate?

• Anyone can relate?

Alright, so I'm 18. I don't do drugs,party, too anything crazy. Haha. I'm not saying I'm a golden child (who is?) but anyways my parents are SO overprotective. I'm in college right now and I really want a job. Part time. I'm involved on the side with modeling/acting, so it takes a lot of driving around(my parents are paying for it) They tell me "I need to focus on that" That "it is my job" But it's more like a hobby! Anytime I mention getting a job they get really mad. I need to start saving up money and such. They refuse to reason with me. So basically I'm stuck here at home, for a while...and they're paying for my college, so I can't do anything to piss them off. They could stop paying. I don't get what's so bad about getting a job, most parents would LOVE that. Same thing with my driving. I tell them I "need to practice more driving in the city" They freak out about that. How can I learn to drive if I only do it around my town and nearby there? I ask them to show me at least, so they'll be more comfortable about me driving in a unfamiliar area, but they always say "not now, later" Also, I want to get rid of my old clothes/ random stuff in my room, I'm not allowed to do that either! My mom gets SO mad everytime I mention it. I tell her the clothes are years old and I never wear them. She tells me "That's throwing away money, you know, no you're not getting rid of them. You can still wear it" All the clothes I buy, she always makes comments saying "Do you really like this?" So I always put it back and get what she wants me to. My parents are really religious, so I've had a constant fear growing up, about disappointing them. SO basically I do about everything they want, without much complaint. Now I'm getting older and just want to be myself! I feel like even asking to go to the library in the afternoon is a problem, they complain "about gas, or tell me to wait until later" Everything I do..it seems like it's an issue. It's little things like that here and there that just drive me insane. I feel like there's this whole other me that they don't even know, because I know if I was like that, they would be so angry with me/: And my "style" is so much more rocker/grunge/dark? Haha. Idk. But it's what I like. My mom likes me to wear everything super girly in heels and all that. She's obsessed with me looking "perfect/my best" 24/7. I know it sounds stupid and the fact that I'm 18, I should stand up to them, but it's my family. And they've been like this my whole life. I don't want to ruin my relationship with them..I love them to death, but it's eating me alive pretending all the time.
    • Re: Anyone can relate?

You're 18. You can make your own decisions. Your problem seems to be that you are worried about pissing your parents off because they will stop paying for everything. GET A JOB AND PAY FOR EVERYTHING YOURSELF. Getting a job shouldn't have to be approved by your parents. They like controlling you an you like having your shit handed to you. It's up to you to get out of it, but how bad do you want to.