Could my best friend be gay/bi?

• Could my best friend be gay/bi?

Hey,
      So I have a good friend of mine who I'm pretty sure is gay. Just some backround info, I'm 14 and he's 14, I'm bisexual and have not come out to anyone yet. We are freshman in highschool and hang out about every other weekend. This is why I think he is gay: during class he ssked for a piece of paper, I gave him one and he said "love you big a!" (Big A is my nickname, not meant to point out my big ass, and no I don't have one). He said it in a mostly joking way. Another example is when I was at his place and I got up from the couch for some water, he slapped my ass as I was walking away, I turned around and he was laughing, I sort of laughed and kept walking. Another example was when I was leaving class early and he asked, "can I hold your hand?" I said "ummm no" it was in a sorta joking way (what he said). Then another example is when I asked him if it was D-Block (like 4th period, out study hall) he said, "I love the D, especially yours. But yea it's D-Block. There are a couple more examples like those, both bigger and smaller.
      Do you guys think he's gay? Does he like me? How should I ask if he's gay?