i feel like a background character

• i feel like a background character

Hello everyone,
      Since almost a year now, I have had this constant feeling of loneliness, sadness and isolation. I dont think i can talk with my parents about this since they both work with the mentally ill and would probably think this is just a phase i am goimg through. I feel this way because I barely have any friends, sure I get along with classmates but we never hang out after school because they are buisy with sports, homework and other friends. Another reason why I feel the way I do is that noone in my family agrees with anything i say, always ignore me in group conversations and always write my views on certain things off as wrong. It doesnt help that I hate my body and that I think that I am a fat piece of human garbage pretty much every hour of the day. The last ingredient for this soup of misery is that I have no confidence in talking to anyone, if i dont say anything I think that I am a coward, if I do say something i think that i shouldve kept my mouth shut and that I was stupid for saying that. I also manage to make every conversation as akward as possible, or I think that I have annoyes the person I was talking to when they say they need to go, and that I am a complete idiot for messing up the conversation.
      What in the world should I do? Im starting to get to the point where I think my life is worthless and that I would never be able to acomplish anything.
    • Re: i feel like a background character

What you see as being cowardly, is you only trying to avoid getting hurt, I tried committing suicide and thought I was cowardly, but I would have been cowardly if I listened to the voices in my head and killed myself, and as far as your friends, their not friends if they spend most of their time with their other friends instead of you, and if people you talk to don't like weird conversations, then don't bother talking to them, find someone who accepts you for being weird, what do you say that bothers them?

YBR wrote:

What in the world should I do? Im starting to get to the point where I think my life is worthless and that I would never be able to acomplish anything.

Got a mic? Join my ts3 sometime. We all game, watch anime, program, love junk food, debate about various topics like ethics, morality, logic, politocs, and the state of the world. If ur interested in any of that maybe we can all accomplish something together. Being an NPC is a choice, a mindset. Your life is far from worthless, and you arent garbage. Your actions may turn out to be garbage, but you arent. You may feel unsure and self-conscious, but that doesnt mean your worries are founded.

I may not be able to come over after school, but id sure love to be a friend.
      [SIGPIC]http://www.thecommonage.net/mandala.gif[/SIGPIC]
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Sorrow ().

YBR wrote:

Hello everyone,
      Since almost a year now, I have had this constant feeling of loneliness, sadness and isolation. I dont think i can talk with my parents about this since they both work with the mentally ill and would probably think this is just a phase i am goimg through. I feel this way because I barely have any friends, sure I get along with classmates but we never hang out after school because they are buisy with sports, homework and other friends. Another reason why I feel the way I do is that noone in my family agrees with anything i say, always ignore me in group conversations and always write my views on certain things off as wrong. It doesnt help that I hate my body and that I think that I am a fat piece of human garbage pretty much every hour of the day. The last ingredient for this soup of misery is that I have no confidence in talking to anyone, if i dont say anything I think that I am a coward, if I do say something i think that i shouldve kept my mouth shut and that I was stupid for saying that. I also manage to make every conversation as akward as possible, or I think that I have annoyes the person I was talking to when they say they need to go, and that I am a complete idiot for messing up the conversation.

Hi,

I think the best thing you can do right now if you're not ready to talk to your parents about how you're feeling, is see your doctor. Remember you don't have to be afraid to be honest as patient confidentiality is what they do best.

You shouldn't second guess yourself so much, you're not worthless nor a coward - infact I think you're really brave for finally telling someone somewhere how you feel. The problem is, we can only guide you we cannot help you in the long term.

You could be suffering from depression - I went through the same thing a few years ago and nothing really triggered it, it just happened. I know that sometimes you feel like you're just being a drama queen or making things seem worse than they are - but don't be afraid to speak out, because 90% of the time there really is something that needs fixing or working on.

You are not alone in this situation. Never forget that.

Peace.

Leigh

Well it is quite natural people those are suffering from depression from a very long time are always suffering from these type of thoughts; therefore it is quite better for you to develop your personality with your confidence. Due to lack of confidence most of the people are suffering like a background character; apart from a doctor we should also go outside and spend time with your friends, trying to avoid loneliness and the most important thing is trying to develop your speech power and personality.