A divorce?: Short Story

• A divorce?: Short Story

I just wanted to post a story to see how it goes. Anyway, let's start: This is a story about a guy who has just found out his parents are getting a divorce (All characters are fictional)

I hate doing anything that has to do with my parents. It seems to have become a daily routine for me to keep cursing my parents for getting divorced, but really, it isn't fair.
      This is how it started. I had gotten a great report card, had a great date, and then I came home and my parents were both sitting on a couch, with sad looks on their faces, and they asked me to sit down in front of them.
      I do the usual thing, I ask what's going on and then after a few minutes of silence, my dad says, "Son, me and your mother talked and.." my mother continues, "...and me and your father have decided to..." she stops, looking at me. I am becoming impatient, nervous, so I ask "to...?" and they look at each other and finally, "we have decided to get a divorce".
      There you go, the death blow has been dealt, I am in the darkness, searching, wondering, stuck... Questions swirl around, and then all of a sudden I demand to know why, me parents gave me such lame excuses, I started yelling, and then, frustrated, I went to my room.
      At around, 10, or so pm, dad gets out of the house with a suitcase, gets in the car and leaves. Mom enters my room in expectation that I will forgive her and I just don't do anything, I was just too angry to bother, actually.