Does he like me?

• Does he like me?

There's this guy who I kinda like (okay, maybe I like him), and I want to know if he likes me back. I know that the best idea would be to ask him, but we have a sarcastic love-hate kind of relationship (or that's what I think), and he wouldn't take me seriously. The last time the subject of liking people came up, he said that love was gross and that he didn't like anyone. I don't want to ruin our friendship because he hangs out in my friend group and I have to see him every day at school. He always sends me mixed signals because he's really annoying to me. He always pulls my hair and steals my food and teases me, so I thought that maybe he liked me, but he does that to all of my other friends and confuses me. On the other hand, I'm the only one of our friends that he hangs out with outside school (or maybe that's because all my friends can never hang out and I always can). When we hang out, he can be really flirty too... We're always bumping shoulders and are usually standing/sitting really close (closer than with normal friends). He always leans toward me when we talk and sometimes we stare at each other awkwardly. We also text each other frequently, and once he "accidentally" sent me a kissy face... I know he's really smart, but sometimes he pretends to play dumb and asks me things like, what's that, after pulling on my bra strap. Once, he accidentally almost pulled off my shirt when we were in the car. Just when I think he doesn't like me because he's always so annoying, he does something really sweet like buying me coffee. I'd like to think that he likes me (I mean, all of our friends ship us together, and my mom asks me what I'm going to do about him crushing on me) but then I realize that he treats all of my friends the same way. (He's the only boy in my group of girlfriends) I also know that we're young, and that a lot of boys his age are still immature. (We're 15) I would prefer not to need to ask him if he likes me (even if he says he does) because, even if our friendship is really complicated, he is a good friend and I don't want to lose him. I'd just like to know if there's any way to tell that doesn't involve asking him.
      Sorry if that was really long
      Thanks! :)
    • @amanda123 Hi there Amanda. If you want to date this guy you have to put your friendship on the line. If you both never discuss the possibility of dating each other you both may remain friends only. So you'll have to make a choice. Friends forever or take the plunge and risk friendship but have a chance to get more out of it. The fear of losing a friend should not stop chances of dating one another. Or if this guy is too good a friend to lose then forget it and move to meet other guys. This guy can remain a good friend. Sometimes its not too bad to remain friends with a person you liked once.
    • I can't figure it out either. You say you don't want to ask him, and that is very understandable. However, you will never know for sure whether he likes you or not unless he downright says so. You can only assume. Love (or whatever you want to call it) isn't a game of assumption, but rather a series of trust, honesty and happiness :) did that sound cool?

Anyway, I am no love expert, but if you don't want to tell him, I suggest you continue having this good friendship with him and wait for more signs! Also, you could be sneaky and start rumours about liking him... maybe that would get him to act. He's probably shy and feels the same way you do! :P

I think that if you decide to tell him, it won't end your friendship! If you have a really good friendship, nothing like this can end it 8)
      A smile when you hold back your tears is lonely, isn't it?
    • From a dudes stand point of view (if you mentioned absolutely everything) he has got mixed feelings about you. He is playing things on and off to see how you react. I know exactly that it can be strange if you are really close friends, especially if things happen to not work out for you. IF he is a very shy kind of guy i think he wont exactly come up to you and ask you to "merry him" but even if he is, all guys eventually crack if they really like or hell, love a girl. From personal experience, it is hard to hold back feelings. Some guys take a long time to express their feelings to the person they like or love. What you can do is just "flirt" along with him and if things are ment to be you two will fall in to place automatically :)
      hope i helped :)