How to create a correct CV

• How to create a correct CV

Hi guys, I am the new one, who joined today. At the beginning I would like to apologize for poor English. I am 23 years old young man, and I'm from Poland. I am looking for help with my little problem. When I make an mistake, please correct me ;)

I searched the Internet how to write a CV correctly, but I have lost in this. I am focused about England and I don't know how to write it. I'm looking for a job in England and I don't want to make an mistake at the beginning.

I saw many CV's and I'm lost. If someone could show me the anthentic pattern on the British CV? I don't expect a finished CV but only a formula how to make it correctly.

I have a bad situation in my home and I am forced to left my country, so it's really important for me. I am waiting for a response.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shiru ().

• Hello @Shiro

I think this website will be excellent in giving instruction on How to Write a CV

Futhermore, here are some tips on How To Write a Covering Letter. You can tailor it accordingly.

Writing Covering Letters

When possible your CV should always be accompanied by a covering letter, which also is used to put your CV in context with the position or organisation, outlining how you relate to its values, ethos and aspirations. While your CV sets out the skills you have for the post, your covering letter more explicitly presents your motivation and adaptability.

Well, that's the theory. :)

So as a guide into writing such, this is what I would do.

1. Briefly introduce yourself, state the post you are applying for and where you saw it advertised. For a speculative letter, specify the type of work you are looking for but ensure you type it in Times New Roman or Ariel, which remain popular because the font is easy to read.

2. In your covering letter explain why you are interested in this type of work.

3. But, your prospective employer could be different from the previous you applied to (maybe), so screw down into specifics and don't digress: for example, explain why you are interested in working for this particular employer. In your covering letter you must sound enthusiastic - and - give evidence of research into such aspects as their successes, involvements, values or clients.

4. Highlight what makes you suitable for this position. Provide evidence of your key strengths by referring to experience listed on your CV. Aim to show that your key strengths reflect their requirements.

5. Remember: If the role and organisation are creative, you should reflect this in your writing style. If the organisation is formal, you are more likely to be successful if you write a formal covering letter.

6. Since you will first be drafting out your covering letter, ensure there are no errors and spelling mistakes and that you have written the addressee’s name correctly. Always double-check for grammar, spelling mistakes - even check your draft a third time to ensure you have everything.

7. Finally.... Your letter should be typed on clean white A4 vellum (like Conquerer 90 gsm vellum or, white Three Candlesticks' vellum which is expensive but speaks volumes about you!). However, a nice touch in formal letters is to use a fountain pen to hand write ‘Dear ...’ (with the recruiter’s name) and always to sign ‘Yours sincerely’. And, last but not least, respectfully request an interview or an opportunity for an informal discussion.

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.
    • As we well known with the fact that resume or CV is very vital and essential for a job seeker. So before preparing a CV we used to go through several possible factors that what to write and what not to write; but it is better to search online for more reference and I am sure we can get good positive response. But one thing we never forget that we should a good and simple format which contains or academic, hobby, skills, personal information and dedication interest; otherwise we should go for online reference. Interview Tips
    • Curriculum Vitae
      CV-Resume: definition

In what way is the Curriculum Vitae different from a Resume?
      Different terminology is applied in different countries:
      Resume: is used exclusively in the USA.[/b]
      CV: is used in Europe, America, Asia and Africa.[/b]
      Different content and objectives.
      Resume: emphasizes information on the experience, abilities and studies relevant for the objectives that must be fulfilled in a certain position for which you are applying, or in which selection process you are taking part.[/b]
      CV: is a compilation of all the academic data and experience of a person throughout their life (as vitae indicates the Latin term life), unrelated to the position you are applying for or in which selection process you are taking part. The structure usually is personal data, academic, experience, languages, computer science and other data, all in chronological order.[/b]
      Type of company and position to which it should be directed.
      Resume: Commercial positions, directors, media, audio-visual, creative...[/b]
      CV: More appropriate for academic positions, scientists, doctors, research, technologies...[/b]
      What do you want to do?
      Resume: Do you want to work in the USA?[/b]
      How to turn your CV into a good and effective Resume.
      If you want to opt for a certain position and/or to make a change of profession in your career the first thing to do is to discard the idea that it is an account of your experience, preparation and achievements and that it is the same for all positions and/or companies. Your objective is to obtain an interview and to convince the interviewer that you are the perfect candidate for the position. "the presentation has to be taylor-made", is the fundamental characteristic of resumes: Write and reflect the experience, achievements and objectives for that position in particular, so that the person responsible for inviting you to the interview knows, in advance, that you satisfy the characteristics required to perform the functions inherent to the position. You can omit the academic / work experience that is not related or summarise in a phrase (in an interview there is always time to explain everything that one has done in life).
      cv-resume.org/pages/cv_definition.php

LOTAS OF BULL AND BALOGNEY , depending on what you have to offer .... and if you have anything at all to offer 'them'. Otherwise you have to offer all the bull and baloney you can. I never get anywhere such wise ... BUT THAT IS ME. otherwise, for you, YOU see the sites as I hint at. cv-resume.org/pages/cv_definition.php and resume-now.com/lp/rnarsmsm53.a…aign=Resume-Template-9033 [etc etc & etc]