my body

• Hello my name is Jenna i’m 15 years old, and i have a problem with my body. All of my friends say i’m skinny and have a muscular body. But every time I look at myself in the mirror, I’m not pleased with my body, and I think i’m fat and nobody will love my body. Every time i stand in my underwear, I look at my body and find all the things i don’t like about it. It’s like i’m not good enough. 1 year ago I started in gym, that time when I was “new” at the gym, people was telling me, that I shouldn't go the gym everyday because my body can handle it.But i did it. When I'm at the gym i only have one thought in my head, And that is “ I have to be good enough, and the boys have to look at my body and think wow she is sexy, look at her body or damn she is hot.” Sometimes i don’t eat, because my head is telling me, i’m too fat, and I will never get a pretty body. And when i have that thought, i stop eating. When I don’t eat, I’ll get sick and my stomach is screaming for food, but I don’t eat. I know if i eat I will be sad, and hate my body anymore if that is possible.

I really need your help, I hate my body so fucking much and every time I look or think at my body i get sad, and I will stop eating. Please help me! what should I do?
    • @mille S L

HI Jenna,
      How can you not get a pretty body? Either it is in your head that you have a bad body or you just need to shed some weight and look more thin. To shed some weight, you start some activity like running or cycling etc. If you hit the gym, use the treadmill. But if you are already slim, then maybe you need to shape up? I cannot comment because I have not seen you and cannot suggest. But there are various things. Or maybe you actually look great for a 15 year old and it is just in your head.

One thing you don't want to do is to stop eating or starve yourself. Starving is the worst way to reduce weight. Better to pick up an activity and follow it, you will lose weight. You can lose 1KG a month by walking 5-6kms a day for a month. Double it to 2KG or more by running that much everyday.
    • @mille S L

You don't need to do gym every day, but maintaining healthy intake of food is important. Running or cycling as Mayank suggested is good as is walking, known to be the easiest exercise and also swimming. Exercise release feel-good endorphins into our bodies and this can also make you feel better about yourself,. What others say in criticism doesn't count - what do the silly sods know anyway?

At 15 your hormones are raging. They cause high feelings one moment and your feeling down the next. I've been through it, know and understand how painful being a teenager can be. Take a day at a time, it's the best you can do, but don't overdo gym because too much exercise can make you feel very tired. I've been diabetic since 2008 and have it under control with regular eating and not pigging too much chocolate. :P I exercise, but when it's tanking down with rain, runing up and down stairs makes for good cardiovascular health, and I stay dry. :D

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.
    • Notice Me wrote:

In addition, don't degrade yourself based on how you look! Be positive and confident, and if you feel you are fat, eat healthier instead of not eating :)
      Easy to say. but not really someting that is easy to do. positive and confident dont just happen and they really depend on how other ppl talk about u and stuff they tell u. and looks are important even if they shouldnt be.