Friendship

• Hi everyone, im just a 15 year old girl who needs help. So basically, my class this year is a new class with some previous classmates of mine. I got to know 3 other female friends and we bonded quite well so we became a clique of 4. everything was fine. after a few months, another girl from my class joined the clique which none of us are against it. I enjoyed my times with them n everything was ok. but one day, they just ignored me then I asked one of them what happened and if they are angry with me or something n she said yes. she sent me a whole long message telling me y they were unhappy with me n I accepted it. I apologized (I rlly meant what I said) n they accepted the apology n things were normal again.

so heres another incident:
      I personally have a habit of keeping a diary which I write all my happenings in sch n abt some ppl I was angry with which I didn't tell anyone that's why I just kept it to myself n wrote in my diary. I bring the diary to sch n whichever lessons I go to as I have classes at different venues. so there was this particular subject lesson that I sat in between 2 of the ppl from my clique n of cuz I brought my dairy along. one of them saw my diary n asked wht it is n if she can read. I let her read only the entries that I wrote in 2013 (I stopped writing for almost 2 years since 2013 until this year) n I looked at her the whole time n made sure that she didn't read this year's entries (there were only abt 2 as I only started writing again not long ago at that point of time) n she didn't. the other girl also asked to read it which I did the same thing again. I know it may not be appropriate to bring my personal diary to sch but it was my own choice n also I shouldn't have let anyone read my diary but they were my best friends n I trusted them, really. so after abt a few days or week they started ignoring me n stuff again so I asked what happened (I asked the same person again). she told me n I just last seen her message. the things that she said (abt what I said abt her) were the things that I rlly didn't tell anyone but I only wrote in my diary. so I suspected that someone took my diary without my permission. at first I thought it was someone else (a guy but im not gonna say it here cuz its too long winded) but it turned out that it wasn't. I did not suspect them (my clique) but eventually someone (2 ppl) came to tell me that two ppl from my clique was spreading a picture of my diary to everyone (that's how they got to know what happened). that was only when I got to know that it was actually my "friends" who were doing that. btw, the two diary entries I wrote I complained abt 2 ppl, one of the girl from my clique n the guy that I suspected who took my diary at first). in the end the discipline master got to know abt it so we sat down to talk in the presence of the discipline master. the truth: [ one day (idk when) one of the girl from my clique went to take my diary because they were "curious" n suspected that I wrote something bad abt them. they saw the 2 entries n took a picture of it. n yah things go on... (too long to type out) n they were angry with me abt it like wth did they even take my diary n took a pic and show to everyone? n one of the girl send to it to the guy mentioned above as they were tuition friends n caused lots of trouble for me. n in the meantime when all these were happening, they were openly talking abt me on social media like askfm n instagram but they did not mention my name but it's obviously me. n during that period of time I got so depressed that I totally couldn't concentrate on anything I did, I couldn't sleep well, my appetite became worse, I was afraid to go to sch, I even thought of committing suicide which I eventually didn't as I did not have the courage to. but eventually things kind of got settled so yeah.

next incident:
      two of the girls received hates on askfm which were asked anonymously n they suspected it was me n messaged me to ask abt it. I swear it wasn't me so I said no. one of them eventually replied "sorry to have misunderstood u (?)" then the other one asked me to screenshot my activity box on askfm n send it to her to make sure that it wasn't me. we started quarreling again n stuff n she still did not believe me after I had sent her the screenshot. she said that she would send me a qn on askfm I asked me to screenshot again to show her which I did in the end. she even called me shameless/dog n stuff. then she said that the one I sent was edited (which is true) but I denied as i edited because the ones that i left out were personal but I swear I wasn't the one who send them hates. so yah idk how im supposed to face them in sch n stuff n im back to becoming depressed again.
    • @cookiemonster22 You are just 15 and these kinds of things are common at this age. You will be misjudged, misunderstood, attacked, ridiculed but life goes on. 5 years or 10 years later you will find your life to be a lot different and you might even laugh when you look back. See the point is, don't feel depressed and try to suicide. You did not suicide because of lack of courage. I ask you, why will you suicide over something as silly as this? The things you are talking about will be a drop in an ocean in your life when you grow up. Don't be bothered and look ahead and be positive. Now this is not easy as your good friends are not liking you anymore, things have gone bad but everyone has and goes through a phase like this and most of them come out stronger.

What you really need to do is to find new people, make new friends. Sometimes in life you just have to let go of people. Stop giving them importance and don't bother anymore. Meet new people, make new friends. If they want to be friends with you, then stay with them but don't clinge to them anymore. Tell them with a straight face that you did not give hates and if they cannot believe you, there is very little you can do. You need to start becoming more straightforward and so when you say like "If I gave you hate messages, I would have the guts to tell you on your face" kind of attitude. If they don't believe you even after screenshot, then you are probably not acting straight. Stop letting them control you and your life. What the hell is "show screenshot". It should be more like "Did you do it? And you say "No". They should believe you and move on. If they ask for proof etc, then they don't trust you enough, without trust there is NO friendship. While you sent the screenshot, they are still attacking you and calling you a shameless dog. That is the stage where you need to call them "Shameless" back for not trusting a friend even after showing the screenshot that you didn't do it. Tell them that it wasn't even required to give a screenshot and being a friend, they should have trusted you.

In short, I'd say, no need to lose hope over such things, no need to be sad. You need to see from the perspective that they they no longer deserve your friendship. There is no friendship among people where there is no trust. You need to understand that they've become too crappy for you to continue this friendship. Maintain distance and focus your energies in meeting new people. There are many good people in this world who are going to treat you better and with respect. Don't spend all your energies on these 4 people and lose out on a chance to meet more fantastic people that can be better friends. If you stay depressed, they will attack you more, that is life. The weak are always troubled and attacked more. The stronger people don't bear the brunt of depression. You make a choice whether you are strong or weak?