shy boy keeps looking at me.

• shy boy keeps looking at me.

At the restaurant where my family and I eat every Sunday there is a boy who works as a busboy. My dad noticed that he has been watching me
      And steals looks at me the whole time we are there. He always seems be be near where we sit even when there are no tables for him to clear or clean. I think he is cute and I like him. But he has never said anything to me. My fear is he may have a girlfriend but I don't know how to find out, I don't even know his name. How to find out if he really likes me and if he has a girlfriend?
    • Hiii, welcome to Teen Hut!

How nice there's a boy interested in you though ignore Dad if he's said anything since he was the one who first eyed your Mum up, he might need to be reminded of that if he keeps commenting. ;)

Errm, you could write your phone number / email / Facebook on a bit of paper and leave it on the table as you get up to leave. Do it before you arrive there to eat, also do it carefully so your family don't see. Wink at the busboy then look back at the table as you go out the door. Then wait.

Whether he has a girlfriend or not, leave any worrying for him to do. He could be your latest catch, and a winning smile is everything. :)

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.
    • No problem with my parents, my dad even said he seems like a nice boy and that he has nice manners and is the hardest worker there. My dad thinks he could be the one for me. My dad likes him. My mom is the one who has reservations, but she said he is cute. What now? Do I still proceed as you said?
    • Well, you may be right. But as May said, 'A boy will not keep looking at you if he wasn't interested.' So therefore you're in with a chance. We all have fears, most the time they're unfounded and worse, we have a tendency at night to overthink. And that's me all over. But this is a chance you cannot pass up since the boy is clearly interested so you must just bite the 'snake' of your fear and see what gives. :)

Well, I'm sure he won't be the only boy to smile at you. There are bound to be others, Hun.

• Yeah, he is most definitely interested in because last Sunday as we were about to leave, he walked by our table and glanced at me again and he had a distressed look on his face. He seemed as if he was taking deep breaths as if he was having trouble breathing. I am just afraid of being rejected. This is my first crush. My dad has been telling him that we will see you next Sunday for the last three Sunday's. I don't understand why my dad is ok with this. I asked my dad and he said that he has some good vibes about this boy and that he could be the one for me. This is weird! Most dads are protective of daughters when it comes to boys.
    • Yes, well, dads usually are protective over their daughters, except you must trust him in this because he's making an adult decision based on experience. Your Dad was a teenager, too, at one time so he's trying to help you. And I think that's good.

I don't know why the boy seemed breathless. He may have had to hurry from the kitchen and it's always hot in these places. We all.. have fears of rejection and even I've had many. It's all part of growing up. You could ask your Dad in a quiet moment, ask him why he's acting so benevolent. I expect he would welcome your asking. He sees you're growing up and you're being painfully aware the boy is your first crush and I think that's sweet of your Dad.

• If your dad asked him nicely, then I can't see why this boy would be scared away. Except it would be real cool if you found a nice, stylish card and write saying how you find his attention sweet and making you feel good about yourself for his attentions. Sign your name and write your email address and phone number. Hand it to him in person. I always think those 'thank you' type notes or ones that are stylish are a very nice way to make the person who receives it feel good.

Since you seem close to your dad, why not ask him? If you were close to your mum, you would ask her. I was close to mummy and she helped me lots with many things, so I don't see why your dad can't also. :)

• I asked my dad and and he said that he will ask the boy for me. We will go to his restaurant after church as we always do on Sunday, tomorrow. I am so nervous and scared that I think I might not sleep a wink tonight. I really like this boy! You know my dad is quite the guy because he is really resourceful! Last Sunday at the restaurant it was just my dad and me because my mom was out of town, so I said to my dad that I wish I could get a close-up look at the shy boy, so without blinking an eye my dad called the boy over and asked him to snap a picture of us. So I got a close look at him and he is really cute! But now I am afraid that when my dad asks him if he has a girl-friend he will say yes and I will feel devastated!

Chelie
    • Chelie wrote:

So we went to the restaurant today and my dad asked this guy if he has a girlfriend and it turns out he does. So why the hell was he playing these games with me? Then he comes over and gives me his name and phone number! What the hell is that about?
      You ask him that. What was it all about ?? The staring and stuff. Ask him yourself and in private alone.
    • I called him and asked him what was the staring and hanging around about? The little rat wants to date me and his current girlfriend both. My dad says it sounds like he is a two-timer. He says he is attracted to me and that I'm very beautiful. So my dad said that this is not the kind of guy I should date. So I deleted his phone number from my contacts. What a piece of crap!