Why do I need to be in a relationship to feel complete?/dating advice

• Why do I need to be in a relationship to feel complete?/dating advice

I'm in my freshman year of high school, and I've had quite a few good and bad relationships throughout middle and elementary school. None of them lasted more than a year, however. I think this is because I rush into relationships instead of getting to know, going on dates with or really flirting with the person first. Coming back from summer break, my best friend has just gotten a girlfriend, and it sucks. I feel incomplete without a girlfriend. I would exactly call it jealousy, because the feeling came about at the beginning of the school year, and has only been reinforced by my friend's SO. Why do I need a girlfriend to feel right?

Also I'm interested in the sister of my best friend's GF. Clearly that would be awesome if we were dating sisters. I'm most interested in her, but I feel like her and her sister are kinda weirded out by me. My friend and I have known eachother for quite some years, so we have a sort of comedy thing where we play off each other, which occasionally makes her laugh. I'd consider myself moderately attractive, I've dated some of the best looking girls in my school. What would be your advice for worming my way into a new social circle, with the intent of getting closer to this girl?
    • It is quite natural at this age to have short relationships. There is nothing wrong in that. Very few people have long and successful relationships at this age. You rush into relationships because you don't want to miss the feeling of having a gf. Your friends or others around you have a gf and you want one too. Pretty natural I'd say.

Don't get into the weird zone with the girl you like. That will not be nice. I'd say ask your friend to try and set you guys up. Or if you know her already then you must ask her out. Your friend maybe able to help you out. Talk to your friend.
    • Treppy wrote:

I'm in my freshman year of high school, and I've had quite a few good and bad relationships throughout middle and elementary school. None of them lasted more than a year, however. I think this is because I rush into relationships instead of getting to know, going on dates with or really flirting with the person first. Coming back from summer break, my best friend has just gotten a girlfriend, and it sucks. I feel incomplete without a girlfriend. I would exactly call it jealousy, because the feeling came about at the beginning of the school year, and has only been reinforced by my friend's SO. Why do I need a girlfriend to feel right?

Also I'm interested in the sister of my best friend's GF. Clearly that would be awesome if we were dating sisters. I'm most interested in her, but I feel like her and her sister are kinda weirded out by me. My friend and I have known eachother for quite some years, so we have a sort of comedy thing where we play off each other, which occasionally makes her laugh. I'd consider myself moderately attractive, I've dated some of the best looking girls in my school. What would be your advice for worming my way into a new social circle, with the intent of getting closer to this girl?
      Well, i think part of what you are feeling about needing a relationship to make you feel complete again is normal for your age. Now i could go on and on about how cruicial it was in the stone age to find a woman to make you feel complete again but this is the wrong time and place for that. I remember some of my first relationships werent to long either. Some of them only lasted like a few months tops. I think for guys it is normal that we rush head first into a relationship without thinking (i think i could say that 50% of the relationships you were in were sexualy motivated, at least that is the way it was for me, and sometimes still is). About your friend having a gf, you may say you are not jealous, but judging by what you wrote, you are jealous, even if you dont want to admit that to yourself. Now you dont have to tell your friend, but you need to come clean with yourself. Trust me, you will be able to sleep better at night after being true to yourself.

Now about you being "into" your best friends GF's sister, i really think it is a bad idea to make a move on her. guys are really protective about their girls and your friend might see it as a move on his girlfriend and you know the brocode "bro's before hoe's" (not saying she is a hoe but i think you get my point). Anyways, say you do manage to get together with her, everything you tell her, no matter how secret it is, will always land at your friend, because sisters tell eachother everything and well, your friends gf is going to tell it to your friend eventually. There are many more reasone why you should NOT try to get together with her, but listing them would really take to long now. If you want to make your way into their social circle, i suggest you become "buddies" with your friends GF, nothing more. That way you will be friends with both of them. Dont try to get between your friend and his gf. Let them be to themselves sometimes to. If you friend is a real friend, then he wont forget you.

If you really want a girlfriend that badly, the worst thing you could do is actively look for one. She will find you and you will find her in time. Just remeber, there are over 3.5billion girls out there. There is going to be someone who loves you and who you can love. Dont give up!!!