I hate my parents

• I hate my parents

So this is gonna be kinda long. I'm a 14 year old girl and I hate my parents so much. Really my whole life. Today I got in trouble for "cyber-bullying" a girl. I know it was wrong and I swear I'm not a bad person but I got suspended for 2 days. I hate my school so much. It's an all girl catholic school. My parents are so mad at me. They want me to go apologize to the family, they took my phone, and are taking my doors off. Plus my mom and dad yelled at me for an hour. They just don't get my side of the story. The girl I was mean to has been mean to me since 6th grade and I just got so tired of it. I'm so done with life, I'm just so sad and mad at everyone. My dad said I won't ever get my phone back and all I have is my school laptop. My mom and dad also said that as a family we are gonna start going to a soup kitchen to help out and do stuff like that every weekend. And he isn't gonna let me lay around and stuff on the weekends. They also said I was gonna be sent to military school if I mess up again. I'm so mad at everyone and I'm just having a really hard time and don't know what to do. Please help
    • Hello Molly, :)

I'm 25 and became a parent to my daughter when very, very young. I went through turbulent years with my parents and my child, but she grew into such a beautiful person and we became very happy, Nikky and me. Nikky's birthday was yesterday, she was 13. She would have had a happy birthday. Like presents and cake and a party that was planned. Instead, she got presents which Jenni my wife and family had previously bought her, and birthday cards, but no party. Because prior to that we grounded Nikky for calling me vile names and arguing - no, shouting and screaming abuse at me all because I told her how ghastly being a bully was. She had not only systematically bullied our family's young one, but also viciously cyber bullied her and Nikky's victim had gotten so upset that she began cutting herself. She was one of a twin. Her brother died last weekend from complication arising from acute myeloid leukemia. Like Soo his twin, Chris was only 7 year's old. ;( But Nikky, just like you, argued with us her point of view and frankly, it didn't hold up. Like your parents, I argued with Nikky for over an hour.

Nikky was absolutely fucking horrible horrible and even now having caught my daughter, I feel kind of sick at the memory. Likewise your parents probably feel the same, and on top of their feelings is being ashamed that their daughter, one whom they loved and trusted, could cyber-bully another and it must have been very very serious if they removed your bedroom door in addition to confiscating your phone and other items that gave you pleasure.

Grounding, punishment or whatever you like to call it isn't for life though it feels like it. Your parents like Jenni and I over our's will get over their anger and shame of you. They need time, and in this time I hope you will reflect upon your actions because they were not smart. As a parent to my 13 year old daughter, I love her very much though it hurt and made me cry to have to punish her would you believe that? But she argued and bitched calling me nasty names is not a good idea because I don't take arguments kindly when knowing the other person is in the wrong. I always win.

In Nikky's case though, she did something Jenni and I are very proud of. She went to the young girl who she had mercilessly bullied and physically hurt, and also cyber-bullied and in humility, apologised. :) I am very proud of her and I hope your parents will some day be proud of you for apologising to your victim. Because ~~~

Because no matter how the person you cyber-bullied was a nasty person herself towards you, your cyber bulling her made you no better so your parents were justified in punishing you because they are parents. You have to suck it up, Hun. You have to apologise whatever.

I was not the model daughter Mummy had hoped me to be. I was an arrogant, rude little prick self-righteous to the extreme thinking I was right in everything. Mummy even caught me masturbating to an older woman online. Imagine the shame of being caught naked when she walked in. That was, positively, the very last time webcams were allowed. <BLUSH> Also, back in 2008-2009 I was a borish little bitch on this forum to other members. I was really quite horrible. But as time went on, I became a better person. One who apolgised to people here; one who regretted her priggish ways. Sadly, Mummy died in 2008 and to this day I mourn her passing. Sometime you might like to read this: Reflections on a well loved parent

I wish you well. I also wish you a happy stay here at Teen Hut Forums. There are friends here who still love me and I am fortunate for it. One day, I hope you will reflect on your actions, apologise to the person you cyber bullied and to your parents. :)

Poppi

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.

The post was edited 3 times, last by AccessDenied ().

• Just apologise to the girl and then try explaining to your parents that this girl had been troubling you for years. It wont repeat. Be nice and soon you'll get back your phone too.

Even though you are not at wrong. Sometimes you gotta do things just to keep things good and better. Its easier to worsen things, harder to mend things. Just do it for the sake of it.
    • Voila wrote:

Just apologise to the girl and then try explaining to your parents that this girl had been troubling you for years. It wont repeat. Be nice and soon you'll get back your phone too.

Even though you are not at wrong. Sometimes you gotta do things just to keep things good and better. Its easier to worsen things, harder to mend things. Just do it for the sake of it.
      Exactly that . :)

Short and direct , nothing more to add . :) :D
    • I understand your problem. I used to feel the same when I was in your age, I thought everything was against me and their madness toward me was useless. Now, 5 years later I understand that I was the one making those mistakes. Your parents love you no matter what, you should do the same thing, hang out more and read more, it will clear your mind and keep you calm all day long. They will not be there always for you so learn to appreciate them ;)
      Good luck with it and never forget it. Your parents want all the best things this world can offer for you :)
      Life is beautiful if you know how to live it.
      ...today was a good day...get ready for the tomorrow!
    • I would say grow up accept your punishment and start being a family member
      and do what is expected of you in school. You won't get any sympathy
      from me. You have been acting like a brat. You need to work on gaining your
      parents and friends trust back. You need to respect your parents and schoolmates.
      So go along with your parents and show them you can do a good job helping
      people less fortunate than you. Good luck.