Buying Ciggarettes

• Buying Ciggarettes

Hello!
      I have an issue regarding ciggarettes.
      I live in sweden, and here geting ciggarettes underage isn't an issue but this summer i Will be going to Brighton.
      And I'm scared that i Will not be able to get cigs when Im there (for 3 weeks ).
      So i need some help, how do i get cigs in Brighton?
      Can I just ask some bum/beggar to but some for me or Will it be more complicated?
      Will i be able to bring some from sweden (going by plane) or is that illegal?
      Thanks.
      //F

(Please no anti-smoking propaganda, I know it's bad and wromg and all that stuff. This is my choice not yours).
    • Reest wrote:

Hello!
      I have an issue regarding ciggarettes.
      I live in sweden, and here geting ciggarettes underage isn't an issue but this summer i Will be going to Brighton.
      And I'm scared that i Will not be able to get cigs when Im there (for 3 weeks ).
      So i need some help, how do i get cigs in Brighton?
      Can I just ask some bum/beggar to but some for me or Will it be more complicated?
      Will i be able to bring some from sweden (going by plane) or is that illegal?
      Thanks.
      //F

(Please no anti-smoking propaganda, I know it's bad and wromg and all that stuff. This is my choice not yours).
      I will not bullshit with anti-smoking things , but for GOD'S SAKE , it is not end of the World not to smoke for 3 weeks . If animals are able to stand off some urges , how the Hell human can't stand ...
    • Reest wrote:

That is true, but i am going there on a "language trip" as it called in sweden and i Will be living with a foster family and attending classes.
      So If cant smoke i Will be super irritated the whole trip.
      And that's not what i want.
      I think that it's allowed to bring cigars with you , I don't know how much packs , but it's allowed . That can be solution , you'll smoke less , and it will last longer , plus to health , and to economy . :D
    • Ok I'm not going to criticise your smoking habit. You can smoke out your pussy for all I care. Its your life. Its also your pussy.

But your asking a beggar to buy you cigs. Are you beeding mad? Think about it. Giving best part of a hundred quid to a beggar to buy you cigs and he'll enter the shop walk straight through, out its back door and hoof it. I used to live in Brighton. It's dosser's mecca there and foreign students are still fair game prey to down-and-outs. Every day there's a mugging. That's cuz foreign students don't use situational awareness. Instead they sit on pavements in the streets getting in everybody's way and being royally cussed for it.

Just checked that 1 GBP = 12.95 Swedish Krona. Therefore a packet of Swedish cigs cost IRO five quid, maybe less. Best you buy them to take to England for your personal consumption. Since Sweden is in the EU, providing you take the purchase receipt at the time you bought your smokes with you to declare at Customs before entry to the UK, all will be fine and dandy. A packet of Silk Cut 100's fags here cost IRO ten quid or more.

Lastly, for fucks sake learn to type and punctuate. :rolleyes:

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.

The post was edited 1 time, last by AccessDenied: additional info ().

• AccessDenied wrote:

Ok I'm not going to criticise your smoking habit. You can smoke out your pussy for all I care. Its your life. Its also your pussy.

But your asking a beggar to buy you cigs. Are you beeding mad? Think about it. Giving best part of a hundred quid to a beggar to buy you cigs and he'll enter the shop walk straight through, out its back door and hoof it. I used to live in Brighton. It's dosser's mecca there and foreign students are still fair game prey to down-and-outs. Every day there's a mugging. That's cuz foreign students don't use situational awareness. Instead they sit on pavements in the streets getting in everybody's way and being royally cussed for it.

Just checked that 1 GBP = 12.95 Swedish Krona. Therefore a packet of Swedish cigs cost IRO five quid, maybe less. Best you buy them to take to England for your personal consumption. Since Sweden is in the EU, providing you take the purchase receipt at the time you bought your smokes with you to declare at Customs before entry to the UK, all will be fine and dandy. A packet of Silk Cut 100's fags here cost IRO ten quid or more.

Thanks for the tip but do you really think that they will accept my receipt?
      I mean come on I'm 14 years old.
      You think they will just look at the receipt, go "seems legit" and let me through?
      That does not sounds plausible.

Also in my defense I am 14, english is not my first language and I'm writing on my phone with swedish autocorrect on.
      But If there were other mistakes I guess I'll learn to correct them during my time in Brighton.
      (Also I don't have a pussy but I guess I'll smoke out my ass instead then)
    • Reest wrote:

AccessDenied wrote:

Ok I'm not going to criticise your smoking habit. You can smoke out your pussy for all I care. Its your life. Its also your pussy.

Thanks for the tip but do you really think that they will accept my receipt?I mean come on I'm 14 years old.
      You think they will just look at the receipt, go "seems legit" and let me through?
      That does not sounds plausible.

Also in my defense I am 14, english is not my first language and I'm writing on my phone with swedish autocorrect on.
      But If there were other mistakes I guess I'll learn to correct them during my time in Brighton.
      (Also I don't have a pussy but I guess I'll smoke out my ass instead then)
      In your first post you never stated your age. When I went to your profile to check out your 'About Me', I read: 'There are no details visible to you.'

Your age being 14 changes the rules about smoking in the UK, but I somehow doubt Customs will do much and anyway, coachloads are generally checked at the border just in case the coach driver is not hiding illegal immigrants, so his vehicle and teenage charge will be allowed through. Customs usually check coaches in case of illagal drugs being brought in and they have sniffer dogs. Customs are hardly going to be concerned your bringing in a paltry 200 or 400, and anyway your cigs will probably stuffed into your tote bag where you and your friends will upstairs half asleep.

~ * ~

You can still learn to type. Here are two excellent free learn to type websites.

typing.com/

Big Brown Bear looks fun!

Once learnt, typing is going to be an asset to you whether you use a phone or computer. Speed will come later you master each step on the course that you choose. There also useful books that simplify typing. Books I think are more suitable than DVDs. You can put a bookmark on your page and come back to it in your own time, or go back a chapter to brush up so far on your typing skill learnt. Books are better than screens, that's how I learnt and one super book I recommend is Touch Typing In Ten Hours by Ann Dobson

I'm glad I learnt to type and punctuate. Having to write a 20,000 word thesis for my engineering doctorate would otherwise have been impossible.

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.