Known in school but have no friends

• Known in school but have no friends

Hi,

I will admit this will probably be the only time I'll be on the forums.Only other times will be looking through other threads and replying to the replies on this thread.

Anyway, the title kind of explains it all. I have been going to my school for 4 years and the 1st year I found a friend that I could hang out with. We would talk a lot, discuss things, make jokes, etc. After being friends for about 3-4 months, he asked me to add him on skype so we could play Minecraft (Because as 4th graders, that what we would play :p) so I did. We would call ALMOST every day after school and on the weekends and play Minecraft, and discuss things.

It is now 4 years later and I'm in 7th grade. I've noticed that he doesn't call me on skype anymore, doesn't send me a message, and we don't talk that much at school anymore. All we have are these quick 30 second discussions and then we move on finding someone else to talk to or going to our class. We will also make sarcastic comments or jokes in fun, but no real conversations anymore.

I really don't have any friends to talk to and have a real discussion with. Everyone knows me, but I can't have a real conversation with someone that isn't considered a "10-30 second conversation".

Was wondering if someone could help me to see if maybe if I can talk to my old friend more again and talk to him more often.

Thanks!
    • You spent far too long on computers. To make friends you need to get off your computer, and go find a social group to hang with. Spending less time on computer and more time studying will also inprove your education. Why piss it all away playing computer games?

Your Skype friend probably got bored. Real conversations starts in real life. Not behind a computer screen.

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.
    • AccessDenied wrote:

You spent far too long on computers. To make friends you need to get off your computer, and go find a social group to hang with. Spending less time on computer and more time studying will also inprove your education. Why piss it all away playing computer games?

Your Skype friend probably got bored. Real conversations starts in real life. Not behind a computer screen.
      I just may not be reading it right but my "skype friend" (As you called him) is my friend at school, not just some kid I met on skype
    • Unknown Gamer wrote:

AccessDenied wrote:

You spent far too long on computers. To make friends you need to get off your computer, and go find a social group to hang with. Spending less time on computer and more time studying will also inprove your education. Why piss it all away playing computer games?

I just may not be reading it right but my "skype friend" (As you called him) is my friend at school, not just some kid I met on skype
      Whatever, the friend you knew and were close to at school ran out of conversation - it does happen - and from what you shared, perhaps as the pair of you grew older, so your interests that were once eclectic, waned. Sad that it is which I genuinely feel, I'm not sure if you could return to him because he's moved on in life and gotten older, found new interests. It happened to me. I lost my best friend Lyra (known as 'Pipkin' here) after many years when we ran out of steam, for as we got older so our interests took different paths.

Why not consider a departure in taking up a hobby that you can grow into? Like longbow archery, or fencing? Or, skiing? I'm ill right now and miss heli skiing where once I met a whole new bunch of friends. Really great people who still write wanting me heli skiing with them again. And I will because the adrenaline rush is still there waiting, waiting for me to dare drop off that mountain again..... Move on from him, find a new interest. You owe it to yourself. Maybe in your endeavours you might encounter someone who becomes rather special.

I am sorry I can't help you any more.

Best,
      Poppi :)

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.