New Hobbies?

• New Hobbies?

What's up forum?

So first off, I would like to introduce you to my current state. I'm a 16-year old high school student ( living in a dorm ) from Europe. Lately, I have been thinking about my free time and how I spend it. Most of my classmates have usually a lot to do, like going to a basketball training or going to some art courses or something. I am usually to odd one out, who doesnt do anything. And it actually worries me, because i feel like I am not good at anything. Like the other people I know are REALLY good at drawing, playing some kind of sport, doing tricks, etc. but I feel like I'm not good at anything. I considered joining some kind of activity. Particularly, I really like singing. But there is a lot of problems with that. First of all, I really dont know how to join a choir or get a vocal coach or something ( we dont have choir or any kind of club in my school ). Second of all, I am not very talented. I'm not completely tone-deaf and my vocal range isnt quite limited, but i feel like it isnt good enough. I also thought about joining some kind of a sports team, but i feel like I am already too old to join one and start practicing.
      I would really fancy some helpful tips, because I'm quite depressed. I'm getting sick and tired of just sitting in our dorm, doing nothing.
    • Take up a Martial Art. That will get you off the computer, out of the house and in among people.

I'm a Grand Master in fencing, though haven't been attending my club in Paris for a long time since being becoming seriously ill. I do Aikido and Nikky my daughter is a black belt with the Bo Staff.

Here's an ace video of an Asian girl fighting a bloke with a Bo Staff.
      I wouldn't go mess with that lil' lady.

There again, nobody would want to mess with Nikky, either. Heh.

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.
    • AccessDenied wrote:

Take up a Martial Art. That will get you off the computer, out of the house and in among people.

I'm a Grand Master in fencing, though haven't been attending my club in Paris for a long time since being becoming seriously ill. I do Aikido and Nikky my daughter is a black belt with the Bo Staff.

Here's an ace video of an Asian girl fighting a bloke with a Bo Staff.
      I wouldn't go mess with that lil' lady.

There again, nobody would want to mess with Nikky, either. Heh.
      Martial arts are something I often tell people to do!

No matter how untalented you are, martial arts will make something off of you... I saw people who couldn't walk properly, didn't play any sport... and yet they had great time on martial arts (in this case Muay Thai).

They built their bodies, their spirit and learned a thing or two about protecting themselves.

Most importantly, they got a huge burst of confidence!

So try martial arts... it's not just beating and getting beaten... that's the smallest part of it!