The Conjuring 2

• I don't know if its just because there was a lot of hype surrounding The Conjuring and I had really high expectations, but I didn't really think The Conjuring was that amazing or that scary. I watched it really late at night with like 10 people, and I think my favourite part was watching how scared some of the people got. Out of the people that watched with me, the people that watch a decent amount of horror movies weren't scared, but those that didn't watch a lot found it pretty scary haha

I am curious to see how the second one compares, but most horror movies I find aren't that great. I'd have to say that I think the Insidious moves are still some of the best horror films. Have you seen Annabelle by the way? Annabelle is the prequel to The Conjuring
    • Best Friend wrote:

I don't know if its just because there was a lot of hype surrounding The Conjuring and I had really high expectations, but I didn't really think The Conjuring was that amazing or that scary. I watched it really late at night with like 10 people, and I think my favourite part was watching how scared some of the people got. Out of the people that watched with me, the people that watch a decent amount of horror movies weren't scared, but those that didn't watch a lot found it pretty scary haha

I am curious to see how the second one compares, but most horror movies I find aren't that great. I'd have to say that I think the Insidious moves are still some of the best horror films. Have you seen Annabelle by the way? Annabelle is the prequel to The Conjuring
      If "Conjuring" wasn't scary enough for you , I don't know what's scary then ... xD :D :D

I watched like first 30 min of it with friend , and I couldn't continue ... :D
    • martinBoy98 wrote:

If "Conjuring" wasn't scary enough for you , I don't know what's scary then ... xD :D :D

Haha it depends on the horror movie for me. I find movies with a lot of jump scares aren't scary -- most of the time they're predictable because they're proceeded by a few seconds of silence or something like that. I much prefer movies that are more psychologically scary. I thought the movie It Follows did a good job of being psychologically scary, and not relying on jump scares and other usual tactics that horror movies use.
    • Best Friend wrote:

martinBoy98 wrote:

Haha it depends on the horror movie for me. I find movies with a lot of jump scares aren't scary -- most of the time they're predictable because they're proceeded by a few seconds of silence or something like that. I much prefer movies that are more psychologically scary. I thought the movie It Follows did a good job of being psychologically scary, and not relying on jump scares and other usual tactics that horror movies use.
      I think that "The Exorcist" is still in some top , even after more than 40 yrs ... xD :D
      There's also one Yugoslavian horror movie old exactly as "The Exorcist" ... it's called - "Leptirica" (Butterfly Lady translated) . I have no idea if it has a translate on English , but it's also scary as fuck ... :D
    • Woooohooo.

Frankly speaking, I didn't use to watch horror films until I met my husband. "Conjuring" was one of the first horror movies I watched. And it was great and awful at the same time. I was screaming throughout the film. But the greatest moment was with that "old lady" on the wardrobe. I was screaming, I should have put a camera to rewatch my "show" :lol: That was a shock at first, but we all laughed about that.
      :)
    • Best Friend wrote:

I don't know if its just because there was a lot of hype surrounding The Conjuring and I had really high expectations, but I didn't really think The Conjuring was that amazing or that scary. I watched it really late at night with like 10 people, and I think my favourite part was watching how scared some of the people got. Out of the people that watched with me, the people that watch a decent amount of horror movies weren't scared, but those that didn't watch a lot found it pretty scary haha

Yeah i seen Annabel thought it was not as great to be honest i think there are only a couple of horrors that are great these days and Sinister 1 was awesome.
      "Telling a Teenager the facts of life is like giving a fish a bath.
    • horrors are nothing, they don't scare me at all but they are appealing, WHAT DOES scare me is building shows such as "the block" oms they are terrifyingly bad. "oh that paint doesn't go well with the chandelier. But what about the jib in the corner?" AHHH! can't bloody stand them
      6/5/16 - The date i became permanently in love :lovey:
    • B'ni Dhana wrote:

horrors are nothing, they don't scare me at all but they are appealing, WHAT DOES scare me is building shows such as "the block" oms they are terrifyingly bad. "oh that paint doesn't go well with the chandelier. But what about the jib in the corner?" AHHH! can't bloody stand them
      Come on ... There isn't human being that wasn't scared by some horror movie at least once ... :D
    • martinBoy98 wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

horrors are nothing, they don't scare me at all but they are appealing, WHAT DOES scare me is building shows such as "the block" oms they are terrifyingly bad. "oh that paint doesn't go well with the chandelier. But what about the jib in the corner?" AHHH! can't bloody stand them
      Come on ... There isn't human being that wasn't scared by some horror movie at least once ... :D
      nah, i don't recall being scared by any movie, they're movies lol why should they negatively influence my life? nope! aint no film having that much power over me. so.. yeah they're just not scary, at all.
    • B'ni Dhana wrote:

martinBoy98 wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

nah, i don't recall being scared by any movie, they're movies lol why should they negatively influence my life? nope! aint no film having that much power over me. so.. yeah they're just not scary, at all.
      None says that movies should affect on your life , for God's fucking sake . But there is NO human being , literally , who wasn't scared by some horror movies at least once . That's a fact .

And 'cause you said you never got scarred , I can only say :

WE HAVE A FUCKIN' GUINNESS
    • martinBoy98 wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

martinBoy98 wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

None says that movies should affect on your life , for God's fucking sake . But there is NO human being , literally , who wasn't scared by some horror movies at least once . That's a fact .
      And 'cause you said you never got scarred , I can only say :

or i just don't get scared by movies... they are just images... on a screen.. acted out... for audience appeal... nothing more. these are the logistics of a movie, horror's are no different. once you understand that they're not scary. AND IF YOU ARE SCARED BY A MOVIE THEN THE MOVIE IS! "AFFECTING" YOUR LIFE.
    • B'ni Dhana wrote:

martinBoy98 wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

martinBoy98 wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

None says that movies should affect on your life , for God's fucking sake . But there is NO human being , literally , who wasn't scared by some horror movies at least once . That's a fact .And 'cause you said you never got scarred , I can only say :

or i just don't get scared by movies... they are just images... on a screen.. acted out... for audience appeal... nothing more. these are the logistics of a move, horror's are no different. So they're not scary. AND IF YOU ARE SCARED BY A MOVIE THEN THE MOVIE IS! "AFFECTING" YOUR LIFE.
      Good morning Columbus , I didn't know that movies are images on a screen ... Show us da way of wisdom ...

Oh , yeah , definitely affecting importantly on my life . After I watch it , I usually go around and rape hermaphrodite unicorns and then kill them by slicing their neck artery with my grand grandpa's knife from WW1 ... Definitely affects ...

As I said we got a Guinness ...

• martinBoy98 wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

martinBoy98 wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

martinBoy98 wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

None says that movies should affect on your life , for God's fucking sake . But there is NO human being , literally , who wasn't scared by some horror movies at least once . That's a fact .And 'cause you said you never got scarred , I can only say :

or i just don't get scared by movies... they are just images... on a screen.. acted out... for audience appeal... nothing more. these are the logistics of a move, horror's are no different. So they're not scary. AND IF YOU ARE SCARED BY A MOVIE THEN THE MOVIE IS! "AFFECTING" YOUR LIFE.
      Good morning Columbus , I didn't know that movies are images on a screen ... Show us da way of wisdom ...

Oh , yeah , definitely affecting importantly on my life . After I watch it , I usually go around and rape hermaphrodite unicorns and then kill them by slicing their neck artery with my grand grandpa's knife from WW1 ... Definitely affects ...

OMS, thats a very tangible element of illiteracy and idiocy you are presenting. i will make this very clear so that you can understand without you going off on another pathetic and childish venture.
      AFFECT MEANS AN EMOTIONAL RESPONSE! "SCARED" "FEAR" is emotion, expressing that emotion whilst watching a film means that film is AFFECTING YOU. i NO WAY implied that watching scary movies makes me want to rape fucking unicorns you pernicious caitiff. How foolish? i'm done with this, your further descent into madness can cross over my corpse.
    • B'ni Dhana wrote:

martinBoy98 wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

martinBoy98 wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

martinBoy98 wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

martinBoy98 wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

martinBoy98 wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

martinBoy98 wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

OMS, thats a very tangible element of illiteracy and idiocy you are presenting. i will make this very clear so that you can understand without you going off on another pathetic and childish venture.AFFECT MEANS AN EMOTIONAL RESPONSE! "SCARED" "FEAR" is emotion, expressing that emotion whilst watching a film means that film is AFFECTING YOU. i NO WAY implied that watching scary movies makes me want to rape fucking unicorns you pernicious caitiff. How foolish? i'm done with this, our further descent into madness can cross over my corpse.
      I think I showed minimum of respect towards you , without offending . You can't or don't want to show , I have no idea . Anyway ... First of all , I tried to explain thing with basic analogy , without some big philosophy . Illiteracy (better read - idiocy) is when you don't understand basic analogy , but want to explain something by philosophy ...

Second , there is something that is called importantly and not importantly . I can't even think that horrors affect someone's life , but whatever . Put finger on your head and think if horrors really affect your life importantly and have some big role . Because affects left consequences based on basic phsychology , and if you have consequences by watching horror movie , I don't know what to say .... :D