Ask B.

• Estrela wrote:

Why do you like cherries?
      Very good question! I LOVE cherries for several reasons:
      1: They are Red. And i love red things.
      2: They taste so flippen good.
      3: They have a low glycemic index of 22, which is great protection from diabetes.
      4: They are bite-sized.
      5: They have the highest antioxidant level of any fruit. Which is great for your skin and immune system, and since my immune system is crap(emphasis on the crap), its really good for me :)
      6: Reduces muscle pain which again is good for me.
      7: They are full of vitamin A, which are good for my awful eyes.
      8: They symbolize something i really love ;)
      9: They feel so good in my body.
      10: um.... they are a fruit.
      6/5/16 - The date i became permanently in love :lovey:
    • '(Cherries) have a low glycemic index of 22, which is great protection from diabetes.' Though true, they still contain much sugar and though I could merrily plough through a whole bag of them, up would rocket my blood glucose levels. :P

1. Ultimately, what idea career would you really like?
      2. Are you wanting to enter university for a degree?

Though not a question, you are gifted at languages and should consider ways of profiting by them in a job. Perhaps you should consider teaching as a career.

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.
    • AccessDenied wrote:

'(Cherries) have a low glycemic index of 22, which is great protection from diabetes.' Though true, they still contain much sugar and though I could merrily plough through a whole bag of them, up would rocket my blood glucose levels. :P

1. Ultimately, what idea career would you really like?
      2. Are you wanting to enter university for a degree?

Though not a question, you are gifted at languages and should consider ways of profiting by them in a job. Perhaps you should consider teaching as a career.
      hmmmmm, i wouldn't mind being a language teacher, that'd be fun.

1:Career.... hmmmmmmmmmm, i'd prefer an arts or fitness orientated career like a personal trainer or professional sports coach or musician.
      2:Yep, i could be going to(depending on if... certain personal things) te whare wananga o tamaki makaurau, University of auckland, (the top uni of nz), after i endorse with excellence in my scholarships i have applied for next year, i already have one for english but i'm more interested in arts & design and fitness, i'm hoping to get a scholarship in performance technology and music, or a scholarship in fine arts or media studies or Sports science. once i achieve these its just a matter of choosing...
      i have already graduated my japanese, maori and spanish classes, but i hadn't considered a career path in them... hmmmm

1 more year of school..... then it's off to the big world... "yay" :P
    • Citky wrote:

So are you getting a new flag? Opinions about Australia?
      well, there will be one final vote for a new flag in february, so until then nothing is definite.
      I like oz, never been but it's our sister nation so i'm basically obliged to like em'... but...
      their accents.... "G'DAY MATE! WOAH CRIKEY!" can't stand it.
    • B'ni Dhana wrote:

Estrela wrote:

Very good question! I LOVE cherries for several reasons:1: They are Red. And i love red things.
      2: They taste so flippen good.
      3: They have a low glycemic index of 22, which is great protection from diabetes.
      5: They have the highest antioxidant level of any fruit. Which is great for your skin and immune system, and since my immune system is crap(emphasis on the crap), its really good for me :)
      For me the English word "cherry is a bit confusing. I just want to sort it out if we are talking about the same thing. In Russian we have 2 different words: "вишня" and "черешня".
      "Вишня" is a sour cherry. "Черешня" is a sweet cherry. So, what type of cherry are we speaking about? I adore sweet cherries,they're amazing and delicious. Sour cherries are good in dishes, but not just to eat them.

One of the most amazing Slavic traditional dishes (this dish is very popular in Ukraine) is varenyky. Varenyky can be with potato, cabbage and cherries.

We have to add this recipe to Poppi's cherry thread.
      Images
      • image.jpg

63.81 kB, 500×343, viewed 66 times
      :)
    • Estrela wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

Estrela wrote:

Very good question! I LOVE cherries for several reasons:1: They are Red. And i love red things.2: They taste so flippen good.
      For me the English word "cherry is a bit confusing. I just want to sort it out if we are talking about the same thing. In Russian we have 2 different words: "вишня" and "черешня"."Вишня" is a sour cherry. "Черешня" is a sweet cherry. So, what type of cherry are we speaking about? I adore sweet cherries,they're amazing and delicious. Sour cherries are good in dishes, but not just to eat them.

One of the most amazing Slavic traditional dishes (this dish is very popular in Ukraine) is varenyky. Varenyky can be with potato, cabbage and cherries.

We have to add this recipe to Poppi's cherry thread.
      YES ADD IT, and i was referring to sweet cherries :3
    • @B'ni Dhana

You have a talent for languages and might like to ponder being a tour guide for visiting foreign students. The tourism industry is popular, and lucrative so you should look into this more. With work sometimes difficult to find, it does pay to have a couple of irons in the fire. Where one job becomes boring or, you might get laid off work, then you'll have another to fall back on. It's worth considering anyway. :)

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.
    • Citky wrote:

B'ni Dhana wrote:

Thanks i'll DEFINITELY look into it, my mother thinks it's a great idea too, thanks for the suggestion.
      What languages do you speak?
      Fluently i can speak 5(6 including english), Spanish, Japanese, English, Maori, Niuean, and Moriori
      of the spanish sub languages i can speak Galician, Catalan. and Aranes.
      i can Understand Italian and Portuguese but cant speak them fluently