Dilemma with my close friend

• Dilemma with my close friend

Hello everyone.

I have a lot of doubts regarding to my close friend. I don't think that he is as pure and nice as he seems to be. It could be just me overthinking, but i cannot stop thinking about this subject. Therefore, advise from others in this forums would be very nice

Here it goes:

We have known eachother for several years, this guy is popular, charming, nice on the eye and well mannered. We are the complete opposites of eachother but somehow it works. We have been really close friends and our families also are in 'good terms'

Now, we both like to drink and 'enjoy youth' if you may say so. I have noticed that he might be jealous deep inside. Usually, he is the center of attention and is usually womens favorite. When we go to bars he usually tries to get on with the girls i personally would like to get to know to. I usually have to tell him to back off but sometimes he will continue trying to pursue same girls as me. Now, he doesn't seem like that type of person at all, he says that he doesn't really care about who gets more gets, etc. But it doesn't seem like that for sure.

Now to the other thing:
      He usually invites me outside, to parties, pubs, to his friends, etc. I don't remember a time when i've said no. Now when the tables turn and i ask him to clubs, parties, etc. the first thing that comes out of his mouth is "well... i dont think i have money" it might sound like a good reason BUT now as he has a girlfriend he spends a lot of money on going to eat with her, going to the clubs with her (could be over a hundred euros) and whenever somebody else asks him to a pub or where ever, he always goes with them. Now that is really weird in my opinion because we are supposed to be 'good' friends. That makes me think whether deep down he doesn't want me to have fun or me to get to know other girls or to have fun with other girls because maybe deep down he is jealous? I don't know. That is my own theory.

Then also:
      I organize night outs with friends and close ones every now and then, it is not that simple because i need to get a key to an apartment where we can begin drinking, i need to get everyone to come at the right time and to the right place, etc. Now, lately my friend has said that he will come 100% BUT he has declined at the final moments for stupidest reasons ever, first one being that he has flu and the second one being that he was 'too drunk' to join us, which is funny, because he went to another club after that with his girlfriend and used over 100$ for more drinks (if you are really drunk then you shouldn't be able to even drink that much)

Now, a few days ago i told him about this and he said that he has absolutely no idea of what i'm saying. I think that deep down he does but he doesn't want to admit it. We are not in terms at the moment until he apologizes. I'm sorry for the long and confusing post but hopefully ya'll will be able to figure it out and give me advice.
    • Your friend sounds like he's become completely up himself. Out for him, him only and almost - elbowing you out of his social world - and very likely knows perfectly well what he's doing.

As of now I'd give him a wide berth. Start carving making your own social path. You know his favourite drinking places - avoid them. Go your own way, do you own thing while Big Head pleases himself. Just don't let him ruin your's.

Pals sometimes split when one gets bored with the other. I'm not suggesting you're boring, far from it. But you need to be choosing your own friends rather than sharing his. Plenty O' fish in the sea, so go fishing.

And welcome to Teen Hut.

Poppi :)

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.
    • He is probably really wrapped up in this girl and doesn't know how to say no to your invites and things flat out. It happens a lot when one of two close friends gets a GF that he wants to spend almost all his time with her but feels bad for his buddy left alone. You could talk to him about things and ask him if he could designate one night a week for your friendship at least or something like that. Try working on it.