Is money worth more than making good memories / spending time with friends?

• Is money worth more than making good memories / spending time with friends?

In my opinion money should never come in middle of friendship / anything else really
      I don't come from a rich background (struggling with bills, single parent mother, a lot of stress and we can't afford to buy anything extra (sometimes we eat leftover food whatever we can find in order to feed ourselves)
      But anyway, i have friends who put money before everything, whether it'll be about going outside clubbing, eating, anything really. I find this really ridiculous. They always say "Umm.. i don't think i have money" or "i need to check my money situation" even if they know that they can easily afford to spend it (not too much of course)
      What makes it even more ridiculous in my eyes is that they have parents who spoil them more or less, whether it'll be 20-30 dollars daily money or a lot more of monthly money.
      I always show up and hang out with my friends, spend money to have a good time. It doesn't matter whether i'm low on money i try to get it somewhere just because i want to enjoy youth and time with my friends.
      In the end i always pay my bills and i dont owe anyone.
      I know that its a good and clever thing to save money but if you think about it, the memories you make in your 'early years' (in this case early 20s) stay with you forever.

Should money go before everything? In my opinion that is a bad sign in a person.
    • Money, or the possession of it, is only revealed by the cars I own. Otherwise I like to live the simple life that brings my family together to enjoy themselves, and I will probably be the one to pay the restaurant bill. We have young ones in my family who are materialistic; only being brand aware is not a crime and they are young and chirpy and are lovely being with.

What is a crime is arrogance, meanness of spirit and downright selfishness. Also avarice, but one earns a living to make money so as to invest it in the business one's in to provide an anchorage without being reliant on banks to go cap-in-hand to. Having capital is not a crime; as least I don't live in a Communist country where such would be frowned on. It's just that I'm a high earner because I'm a business entrepreneur. That said, I get taxed to death enough as it is.

The only time I flaunt it is dressing up to go to a posh restaurant or being on a cruise with family. Much as I like Armani and Thomas Sabo, I'll leave those to the board room if I'm in power mode and going to lash out at some dickhead executive. Otherwise it's jeans, boots, a Belstaff biker's jacket and a wide brimmed leather hat.

I teach our young ones never to flash the cash - not that they are spoilt that way, always be polite (they constantly are) and never, ever put themselves in company where fair weather friends are likely to lurk. I wouldn't want them followed by a shoal of male piranhas out looking for a bit of skirt. That's when I could become violent.

Don't call me bad. Call me badass.

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.
    • Well, I definitely agree that money should not come in between happiness and friendships. It is a materialistic thing. You seem to be a wise person who spends money but does not overspend. Money can never buy happiness and it is really important to make good memories and spend time with friends because that is what you will remember and smile about when you get old. You won't be able to count the number of pennies you earned on a particular day but you'll be able to recall the number of times you laughed at a particular outing with your friends. This will bring you joy. According to me, striking a balance is important. You should spend only as much as it is required; but not overspend. Because at the end of the day "Money can't buy happiness; but it is better to cry sitting in a car than on a bicycle." Give enough respect to money so that it respects you back but do not make it the sole purpose of your life.
    • I am not sure of the desires here. fuck for money is as real as fuck for food ... as is food for a fuck and after a drink or ten ... materialistic is real a dollar at a time or a time at a dollar for a feed fuck fellowship following feel or f* otherwising dollar desire. I have been there and done that nonsense and ended up no where but ... well ... it depended and ha ha .