How Should I Handle This????

• How Should I Handle This????

Hi everyone,
      Thanks for reading. This is a topic that has been bothering me for a while, so I appreciate any feedback.
      So I'm a freshman in high school. I am currently on spring break and I have no idea how to handle the current situation I'm in, probably because I have never had a girlfriend before. || Yeah I know. Facepalm.
      Towards the beginning of the school year, I had seen this girl in pep band with me who played the flute. I thought she was kind of cute but I moved on because I figured I wouldn't have a chance since she was a sophomore and I was a freshman. Now we are 3/4 into the year, and I just started thinking about her again. I joined pit orchestra and she sits right in front of me. I've only talked to her once and it was literally her asking what my name was. I have seen her before band concerts looking at me frequently, but I would just look away casually in these situations.
      On the first day of spring break, I sent her a follow request on Instagram and she immediately accepted it and followed me back. I then proceeded to friend her on snapchat, which she also accepted. This was a day ago and i havent sent her any snaps or dms on instagram. I really want to, but i feel like she would get freaked out considering i hardly know her.
      How would you guys (expierienced daters) handle this situation. I am almost positive she doesnt have a boyfriend.
      Also on a side note, i am extremely nervous around girls. I would not consider myself to be shy especially around my friends.
      Thank you so much.
      Aidan Ray