I'm Grounded For 6 Months For Seeing a Boy!

• I'm Grounded For 6 Months For Seeing a Boy!

Hi i'm Lou, 14 year old girl. I really need some advice. My mum found out i was dating a boy and she had told me she didn't want me seeing boys until i'm 16 or 17. She has banned me from seeing this boy and i really like him! I'm totally banned from seeing him or any other boys ;(

She's also grounded me for 6 months as my punishment for disobeying her. Is this really fair? I really like this boy and its hard to think i am now banned from seeing him. i miss him and i tried talking to mum about it but she refuses to talk and says if i keep arguing i will get grounded for longer and 6 months already feels like forever!

Is it fair that i got grounded for 6 months by my mum just for seeing a boy?

How can i cope with being banned from seeing him when i like him so much? This punishment sucks!
    • Do u have his kik or instagram? If so u can contact him using that. Also you could try and convince ur mum to let u see him by arranginh a meet up at ur house and make ur mum like him. If that doesnt work and ur mum doesnt let u see him, then maybe one day after school u can meet up with him in secret and when ur mum asks u where u were, use an appropriate alibi. Hope this helped.

o
    • i hope you still see him... if it works great.. if it doesnt work it should be because of you two... not because Mom doesn't like him.. .. just don't get pregnant - that is probably what Mom is worried about.. that is what all parents worry about! maybe as a side thought you could inform Mom (nicely) that you know how things work.. and A) you are not having sex... or B) you use protection... are on the pill... whatever.. or maybe C) it would be nice to get some protection.. (C might not work so well since she doesn't want you seeing him...)

If it isn't about getting pregnant then Mom is just pushing her values on you... probably doesnt work well and will just mess up any relationship you have with Mom... sucks!!
    • Well there are plenty of parents that don't want their kids
      to date until they are 16-17. So you are not alone. If your
      parents find out that you are still disobeying them you
      may find yourself in a place that you don't want to be.
      I would respect and obey their wishes.