A 19yo Flaked on Me

• A 19yo Flaked on Me

After a few meetings at a local shop where she worked, I hinted her attraction level was high, thus while I had her write down her number, I instantly asked her out that same day which she immediately agreed. I was about 30 minutes late that evening, took her to 3 different places, had a lovely dinner where she was amazed by my magic tricks and the people being very nice to me (I usually took my dates there, that's why), and sent her to her friend's house by 11:30 pm where she had sleep-over plans originally. I saw her friend giggling by the gate while she got off the car, one reason I found it awkward to kiss her.. the date lasted for about 5 hours.

Texted her the next morning then initiated contact after a week through text. With her "Hiii" and "niceee" replies, I reckon she was excited to hear from me and even enjoyed reading the book I'd lent her. But after 3 exchanges, we went no further. She could be busy from work, I thought. That afternoon I texted her if she could join with me the next day for an exciting trip to the place we talked about during our date. I knew this was a long shot since she's got work, but I was kind of testing her attraction level. Then I got no reply.

I texted her the day after that I hadn't heard from her so I went on but would just make it up to her next time. I just didn't mention that I proceeded still but with another girl I have been hooking up with for sometime - 'twas the same girl I'd hooked up hours prior to our first date (sorry, my bad but I really had to), the reason I was late. 'Twas the same girl she had mentioned on our date whom she once saw with me in my car when I went to the shop.

I radio-silenced her, I was also busy. After two weeks she texted that she'd already finished reading the book. With a smile I thought, yep that's the signal! So I called her the next morning and arranged for a definite date. And yes, I made it textbook clear, even jokingly repeated to her the details of the pick-up. She sounded very excited and kept asking me where we were going as I told her to bring her fave head cap and sunglasses. The second date was set for the next 7 days.

As suggested by some relationship experts, I followed the "no text, no call" rule after setting a date to build up more attraction and excitement, or so I thought. Then came the day. I waited at the supposed rendezvous... and you guessed it right, a flake! And to add more to the injury - a no show, no text, no call! I called but no answer, so I left 2 polite text messages later which included the phrases "sorry, we missed each other", "don't worry" and "take care", hoping she'd interpret as "Oh, well.. moving on" and might see me as more valuable. But nothing happened.

Ceased all communication, whatsoever. After a few weeks I learnt that she had been with her friends on vacation the day when we were supposed to meet - her Instagram revealed. She's 19, well-figured, beautiful, deep-thought working student majoring in architecture, a social media icon with numerous admirers. I'm in my 30's, not bad looking, in good shape, with a 'busy' career.

I'm just learning these dating principles since back then I did everything old school without the knowledge. I dated quality women successfully and unsuccessfully - just later realized that even I had been successful to some, mostly my actions had been so needy!

Looking back:
      1st attempt: Personal - successful (first date)
      2nd attempt: Text - no response (but the invite I made was untimely)
      3rd attempt: Phone call - she was excited but flaked.

Was she really excited though? Has she lost attraction?
      Was the invite (bring head cap and eyeglasses) too much of pressure?
      As it took 7 days waiting, should I have contacted her in between?
      Should I have picked her up at her house instead of meeting at a place?
      Should I let it go?

I still have to get the book... Any advice?
    • @Pink_
      Sorry, I really had to - no choice at that very moment. Hint: it was not my idea. I had my reason and it's a different issue from the point of the matter posted here. Sounds like you are of the same gender as my date in question and probably be a suitable counsel for this.

What's the real deal, was she into me at first or not? Some guys tell me it was just for her ego boost and free meal why that the first date happened.
      Agreeing to an instant date offer, she waited when I was late, would even want to pay for dinner since it was her pay day but I just insisted she could do it next time (wrong move, there.. haha!), and buggered off her friend on the phone who'd already cooked dinner for her. Focus and planning on my side were lacking there and those were the culprits that night if I were to undergo in-depth post-game review. You know the reason, right?

If there was no interest, when I'd gone NC, why would she contact me later telling she already finished reading the book? If there's nothing left going on in her mind, she could have not bothered texting me to let me know about it and just leave the book at the shop for me to get it.
      She was even excited when I arranged the next date, if it were sarcasm I would hear it.

As it took 7 days waiting, should I have contacted her in between? Was that also a reason she went no show?
      Should I let it go?

I still have to get the book... Any advice?
    • Difficult to answer what really went wrong. If the date was set up and she was looking forward to it, then missing it and then ignoring is totally weird. Maybe her friends made a sudden plan of going on a vacation and then she didn't want to miss it, so she gave up on you and went with friends instead and then didn't know how to speak with you. Its hard to tell really.