Am I guilty?

• Am I guilty?

Hello. I am 15 and my dad's 40. I've been arguing with him since forever. He never seemed to like me. He always tried to get attention and to be 'the guy who has the last word' . He never liked my presence and never tried to approach me. He never even hugged me. He is very loud, and always tend to do something in order to provoke another argument. I don't want any of this. I am just a guy planning everything in my mind, speaking when it's the time and acting strategicaly. And yes, "arrogance" is a part of my personality. And yes, I can be quite arrogant if I am provoked by people's faults and irrational decisions.
      What can be done? I like to plan and stick to the plan I've made. I am a theoritical and a judgemental person, while he likes to be practical and to be right everytime, even if speaking of logic and rational decision I was right at some points. I always wanted to escape him. He is the single struggle in my life. I can't do anything with him around. I don't have anything to discuss with. He likes football, I like books. He likes getting out, while I want to be left alone. He never liked to be wrong and when that happens, he shouts and rarely punch me for any of his reasons that he haves. I started feeling scared and insecure because he is starting to become more violent. I thought of him going to a phychologist, but he didn't wanted to go. I am a good kid, always listening but even when I do the things done he still has dissatisfaction about the work I or others have done. I am scared for my security. All I want is to be left alone in a quiet place and to learn for school and programming without being scared of him that he is going to suddenly shout at me because of what he found out I haven't done it in the way he wanted.
    • You are different from your dad. Plus, parents are frustrating. I know how you feel. Sometimes I want to scream at mine. I don't. I do have disagreements with them. I find a way to talk to them. Though it is hard sometimes, like you said, "they like to have the last word". I hope he is trying to listen to your different opinions that are from his. :S
    • He is the parent. Parents have the last word until we are 18 like it or not. You admit that you
      are short tempered and arrogant. Well you are probably looking for a fight too. If he is really that
      bad and punches you and makes you so fearful then contact the police and child services and
      report him. If not then straighten up and be a man not a complaining hot headed boy.