Does history really repeat itself?

• To be honest, despite us learning about our mistakes in the past to prevent them from being repeated, the same routine repeats itself over and over. I'm going to use America as an example. So 1776 all about our rights and stuff... for white men who own land. Fast forward to when slavery is abolished, all that's great, only took the bloodiest war America has ever fought to get rid of it, then woman's rights, which starts plenty of protests but in the end in both cases the idiots thought it was a great idea to repeat mistakes. Now technically we all have rights, up until 9/11. Now we have no privacy if we use the word redhead and the government can strip people of their rights with little evidence of them being terrorists. I know because they pulled that with me. At the age of 13. We created America so people can have rights and now you're telling a 7th grader that she might be STRIPPED OF HER RIGHTS because of a RUMOR?! We've begun to fall back into the next cycle of rights being changed because of this and that.