My boyfriend's needy and I'm a workaholic

• My boyfriend's needy and I'm a workaholic

Hi,
      So me and my Boyfriend have been dating now for around 4 months, he is a wonderful wonderful guy and I really do feel like the luckiest girl being with him because he makes me so very happy.
      However, I am a workaholic, always have been and probably always will be, and having just done my A level exams we thought we would be provided with more free time to spend with each other having both done our revision. But it seems that both of us, mainly me, are still fairly busy (e.g I'm visiting family and going to Uni open days).
      I really enjoy spending time with him and try desperately to make time to spend with him but he is getting increasingly frustrated when I say that I can't stay for as long an amount of time as he would like.
      I've tried explaining that my life is always busy and I can't help it and that I've not organised all of this to avoid him, but I just think he simply doesn't believe me! He's always saying how we don't see each other enough even though we've seen eachother frequently over the last week, and I'm feeling under increasing pressure to always be there but still balance relationship duties with the rest of my social life without feeling guilty.
      I just don't know how to move forward and I really don't want the relationship to end because he really is an amazing partner, I'm just stuck for what to do.
      Should I go out of my way to make time for him? Or is he just being too needy?
      Any response would be greatly appreciated,
      Thank you x
    • It must be so awful but honestly workaholics really really don't want to make their partner feel lonely or unappreciated but sometimes it's just so painfully difficult to fit everything in I really really care for my Boyfriend and the last thing I want to do is hurt him, I just thought that maybe he'd be more understanding?
    • I would say that being a workaholic is not bad at all. I would not risk my future for a boyfriend, yes you love him and stuff and you think that he is a wonderful guy and that is awesome. I feel like he has to be a little bit more understanding that others and realize what he has is valuable ( not complimenting you ) lol. Not seeing each other much can also change. I used Oovoo, skype, facetime(if you both have iphones) before anything. Even snapchat has live video now. And come on, he should know going through the college application can be very stressful. I would also like to add that you should not change your social life in ANY way for your boyfriend. Your friends are your friends, and your boyfriend is your boyfriend.

I hope this helped :).

Don't stress, you don't need it.
      Joined the forum to chat, no beef unless it's 100% pure. I would like to help anyone solve any issues. I have gone through a lot as well.
      • awww thank you!!! Yes I agree, I do feel like he has to be a little more understanding because surely he should realise that I don't want to hurt him in any way, and I'm not organising all my social activities to palm off of seeing him Yes we do call every night as well, and sometimes on facetime, I just don't want it to get oppressive because I really do love his company, just not every single minute of every day. Yeah I'm seeing my friends and him about equal now (after having made sure I've done all my work first of course) so it's not too stressful atm☺ Thank you so much it did help, it's helped calm me down☺