My Future

• Hi there! My name's David and I'm 15. Currently I'm in a big depression. :\ It was just a shower thought but I don't seem to get over it. So here's the problem -
      I always think about the future and about my actions,sometimes I overdo it . Im an average student ,get pretty decent grades but I don't think that's enough. With every
      year the competition gets harder and harder.Right now I'm in highschool studing korean language. At first I thought that I want to study and work there but we had a little talk with the teacher and realized how hard it is to get a non-teaching job.But somehow I need to use the language otherwise I'll be wasting 5 years of my life. I thought I'll try to work for korean companies in the USA. That's my dream,to go there.The actual problem is that I'm not confident about getting a job. I'm insanely scared of it. I'm afraid that I won't be able to get money for me and my parents. Mosly my parents because they are working their asses of to get money. I really don't want to disappoint them.I'm desperate for help. All I need to know is how can I find a job when I grow up. :(
    • Man, you're only 15, you're still young. If you have been studying Korean for five years, I'm sure you'll be able to use it somehow. Assuming you're still in school, try and think of what kind of job you would want to do with these companies (business, computer science, accounting, etc.) and focus on taking classes that will help you with that. And continue to practice/learn Korean on the side. Of course you're not confident in finding a job at the moment, you don't have a lot of experience and you don't really have a plan set out yet.

Forget about failure. Think about what you can do to ensure success in the future. A lot of my friends just graduated form university, and they still don't know what they want to do in terms of finding a job. I still don't know what I want to do either after I finish my schooling. Everyone has the same thoughts, it's daunting. But you're young, and now is a good time to start thinking ahead.

I'm sure if you put in effort to try and come up with a plan, and try your best to follow it, you will be successful and you're parents will definitely not be disappointed

Best of luck dude :) :) :) :)