Parents not understanding

• Parents not understanding

hello guys, I just want to vent out some of my frustration here. I have completed my schooling and I am planning to take up a building inspector certification from Freedom Business School ( freedombusinessschool.com ). But my parents are against it. They want me to go to the university and get a degree. My dad have said that he won't pay my course fees if I take this up, but that won't deter me. I have made up my mind and I will go for this course. Have you guys had to face this kind of challenge?
    • Jamie98 wrote:

I haven't yet and I am not going to a college but to a trade school.
      My parents are fine with what I have chosen to do.
      I feel bad for you that your parents won't support you.
      A building inspector is a great job in my eyes.

Trades in general are a great thing to get into now. Like 20 years ago, a university education basically guaranteed a job out of school, but now, a bachelor's degree is almost the norm and doesn't hold as much meaning. Trades are often given a bad reputation because a lot of people with no ambitions who can't get into university/college do them, but if you're a hard worker and are set on a certain trade, I don't see what the big deal is. I don't know what my parents would have done if I said I wanted to go to college/do a trade instead of university, though...
    • EsquiP wrote:

hello guys, I just want to vent out some of my frustration here. I have completed my schooling and I am planning to take up a building inspector certification from Freedom Business School ( freedombusinessschool.com ). But my parents are against it. They want me to go to the university and get a degree. My dad have said that he won't pay my course fees if I take this up, but that won't deter me. I have made up my mind and I will go for this course. Have you guys had to face this kind of challeng
      As someone whose parents expect her to pay for everything in her life herself, I don't give two shits what they would want me to do. I don't even know what they want me to do. I think they said I should be an artist or something? It's irrelevant. They have never known what I wanted anyway, so like.
      (I know my profile says I draw pictures for a living, but that isn't my job)