Does any of one of you have carbon monoxide detector installed at your place?

• Does any of one of you have carbon monoxide detector installed at your place?

I am planning to get a ulc fire alarm monitoring system which also includes a smoke detector. But is it necessary to install a carbon monoxide detector along with smoke detectors. When I spoke executives from fire monitoring of Canada, they said its always better to keep one. I found certain layouts in calgary alarm monitoring services( http://www.calgaryalarm.com/ ) Does any of one of you have carbon monoxide detector installed at your place? Is it mandatory??
    • Well, the combination of both Smoke and carbon monoxide detector makes it easy to provide both types of protection throughout the home. Whereas smoke detectors are necessary in all homes, and carbon monoxide detectors are needed for any home who had fuel-burning appliances such as a furnace, water heater, range, cooktop, or grill. I do not think it is necessary to install both.
      Like, last month I had installed smoke detector in my home, whereas my neighbour had installed carbon monoxide detectors by consulting some Electricians in Downingtown PA area, where they had suggested to install carbon monoxide detector which offer the best protection for you and your family from the deadly CO gas.
      Now it is up to you which one you would prefer to install.