How to break the famous "touch barrier"

• How to break the famous "touch barrier"

Good evening (at the moment I'm writing this it's the evening sorry I don't know when you guys are gonna read this thread ;) to everyone

Well, I guess everything is in the title... I am friends with a girl for 8 months now and we're super friends like there's no awkwardness at all, we can say everything to each other, like it's a really good friendship and all.. the thing is I'm wondering whether I should go after her I think I might have chances etc etc.. but here's not the subject.
      What I wanna talk about you/have your advice on, is how to break the touch barrier. Yeah this famous shit that can put you in the dirt (or in the most awkward situation) in less than 0.5 second, I haven't broken it yet (while we've been knowing each other for more than 8 months), and I don't know why there's always this kind of "discomfort" when I'm about to hug her, whereas there's no problem to do this to other people I'm so much less close than I am with her....

If you guys have any tips (I don't know if I can call an answer to someone who has shit problems in his life on a forum a tip, but well let's call this like that) I'll take everything cause it's been pissing me off for too much time (and as the song says, ain't gonna waste no time)

I wish you guys a wonderful day.
      Julien