Couldn't think of a title, but I need some help :(

• Couldn't think of a title, but I need some help :(

Hey guys.

So here's the story:

Right now I got to high school and we have heaps of homework and other study stuff we need to do in preperation for the Year 11 exams. As a result, I'm on my computer a LOT, researching, typing up essays, writing assignments and assessments. But as relaxation and for playing with friends, I also like the occasional online game or two... The thing is, whenever I finish all the things I need to do for the day, and decide to game for a bit, my mum or dad walks in (great timing eh :mad:) and accuses me for not studying and doing my homework, then goes on a rant about how they used to be the top of their class when they were at school and how privileged I am, blah blah. But what really annoys me is that I tell them that I had just started to play, but they don't believe me, and tell me I can't control myself with recreation and with the computer. So. Getting to the point.

Since my computer is getting really old, I need to either get a new desktop or a laptop... I decided on laptop. My dad thinks it would be a good idea for me to get a laptop now, because of my studies, but he also think that if I get a laptop I won't be able to "control myself" again (sigh) and will carry it around everywhere, and gaming at every chance. I know this will probably never happen, and I explained this to him; about how laptops are annoying to carry around everyplace and stuff like that... and also my previous story about me giving my studies the priority. Yet he doesn't believe me...
      It's really strange how whenever I'm working my butt off, they never come into the room, and whevever I turn on a game or MSN, they walk in... so basically they see me only when I'm not working.

So...
      Any suggestions on how to convince them? And please don't tell me to get a desktop instead.
    • You contricted yourself, you want a laptop but don't want to carry it around/ its annoying, whatever.

Your grades speak for you, if you have bad grades your parents are going to think you're gaming, good grades, your parents are cool. Keep them happy and you have a better chance of getting what you want.
    • You need to tell your parents about how much this is bothering you and that you are studying hard and since they don't believe you earn the hard grades show them and tell them, "Hey that's proof I was studying hard I wouldn't have good grades if I was playing on the computer on games all the time!"
      [SIZE=3]Color Of My Life [/SIZE]

• Honey, Your parents are just fearful. That's perfectly normal but not necessary, for parents to be afraid their teen isn't going to do well in school. If you are getting your school work done that should show on your progress reports. Many schools these days have an online system parents can log into to check on their students assignments and if they have been turned in. As a mother of 3 adult sons, I felt it was critical my children had laptops for their school work. Many schools now allow kids to bring their laptops to class. Show them the proof you are on top of your homework with your progress report and them your browser history and/or any assignments you have completed - they can't argue with the facts.

:)
      Cheers To Love,
      Momma D :*