Where to go in the USA? (Thread to Americans)

• Where to go in the USA? (Thread to Americans)

Hey
      I am planning my next trip to the USA for this year between mid July and mid September.
      So far I have been twice to Baltimore (visiting my ex lol) and twice to Rochester NY visiting friends.
      Now I am seeking for a good place to go to alone for two weeks. I am pretty interested in National Parks for now- also I am interested in meeting new people.
      Where are all the ppl at my age ( I am 20) during their summer break?? I may like to addend places I can hang out with some new people.

It shouldn't be expensive, I really try to keep it as cheap as possible.

Any suggestions? 8o
    • California in general is a pretty good place to go during the Summer I suppose, though it would be a longer trip. There are some great beaches, which is where most people your age will go during the Summer. There are also plenty of national parks to go to, such as the Redwood Forest or Yosemite National Park. There are also some tourist-y cities there that you can go to, like San Francisco or LA, and if you like American movies you can even visit Hollywoood.

(Or if you wanna save some money and have a shorter trip, you can come here to New Jersey and have some fun on the Jersey Shore)
      You’re still here? Get out of here, the movie’s over.
    • Seriously dude, now's the best time to come to Canada! This year there's free access to any of the National Parks throughout the country, and you can get a VIA Rail pass for unlimited travel across Canada in July for only $150. It's definitely the best time to do some sight-seeing in a country that in my (biased) opinion is much more beautiful than the States :thumbup:
    • Mark wrote:

Seriously dude, now's the best time to come to Canada! This year there's free access to any of the National Parks throughout the country, and you can get a VIA Rail pass for unlimited travel across Canada in July for only $150. It's definitely the best time to do some sight-seeing in a country that in my (biased) opinion is much more beautiful than the States :thumbup:
      Thank you for your great tip! It sure is a considerable destination although I am more into the USA ;) I'll think about it though!
    • USAfirefighter wrote:

Thanks for your tip! Well I am definitely about saving money, that's why it's going to be about 2 weeks only. What's up in New Jersey?
      Most notably we have the Jersey Shore, which is a famous beach that has a boardwalk and everything, as well as Six Flags: Great Adventure, which is home to some of the world's best rollercoasters. You can also go to Princeton, which has a bunch of cool shops and restaurants. There's also the Grounds for Sculpture, Adventure Aquarium, and the Liberty Science Center. If you're into Hockey or American Football you could probably catch a game here too. Finally, New Jersey is really close to NYC and Philadelphia, which both have really cool things as well.

P.S. There's also the USS New Jersey on display somewhere, idk if that interests you or not.
      You’re still here? Get out of here, the movie’s over.
    • Mark wrote:

Seriously dude, now's the best time to come to Canada! This year there's free access to any of the National Parks throughout the country, and you can get a VIA Rail pass for unlimited travel across Canada in July for only $150. It's definitely the best time to do some sight-seeing in a country that in my (biased) opinion is much more beautiful than the States :thumbup:
      They sold out! I'm actually disappointed I wanted to go from coast to coast throughout the summer. I'm hitting up a couple music festivals though this summer ones up in Toronto but I'm stuck in a van with some friends. A train would have been a lot better. As for the OP I've always found NYC interesting. Plenty of bars and clubs to get into for someone your age. Unless the drinking age is 21 in NYC. Then well you're kinda screwed.
      Dine and dash.
    • GodlyElm22 wrote:

Mark wrote:

They sold out! I'm actually disappointed I wanted to go from coast to coast throughout the summer. I'm hitting up a couple music festivals though this summer ones up in Toronto but I'm stuck in a van with some friends. A train would have been a lot better. As for the OP I've always found NYC interesting. Plenty of bars and clubs to get into for someone your age. Unless the drinking age is 21 in NYC. Then well you're kinda screwed.

Aww too bad, I wanted to take advantage of it too but never bought them on time :(
    • Mark wrote:

GodlyElm22 wrote:

Mark wrote:

Aww too bad, I wanted to take advantage of it too but never bought them on time :(
      I'm doing some work at a local college and I have a radio in my office usually always going and I didn't hear about it till it was already over. It would've been nice if it had been announced a little bit more.
      Dine and dash.
    • Jayson21 wrote:

USAfirefighter wrote:

Thanks for your tip! Well I am definitely about saving money, that's why it's going to be about 2 weeks only. What's up in New Jersey?
      Most notably we have the Jersey Shore, which is a famous beach that has a boardwalk and everything, as well as Six Flags: Great Adventure, which is home to some of the world's best rollercoasters. You can also go to Princeton, which has a bunch of cool shops and restaurants. There's also the Grounds for Sculpture, Adventure Aquarium, and the Liberty Science Center. If you're into Hockey or American Football you could probably catch a game here too. Finally, New Jersey is really close to NYC and Philadelphia, which both have really cool things as well.
      P.S. There's also the USS New Jersey on display somewhere, idk if that interests you or not.
      Sounds pretty good, I looked it up on google as well - ocean city doesn't seem to far away either. I'll keep that in mind.

GodlyElm22 wrote:

Mark wrote:

Damn that sucks!