What should I do about this girl I really like?

• What should I do about this girl I really like?

I am a junior in high school.
      This girl is a freshman.

So I realized I liked this girl around the start of the year. I would see her in the hallways and smile or make eye contact but never actually took a chance to talk to her until the beginning of April. One day, I just decided to try my luck and ask her out. Stupid move, I guess, and she told me she has a boyfriend.

Since then, in the two or three weeks that followed, we broke off contact entirely. Now, however, for about a month, I have noticed her staring at me in the hallways, flipping and playing with her hair whenever I walk by, always facing my direction in any kind of group setting. This has legitimately happened on a near daily basis for weeks now. I feel like she has come to like me and I still really like her too, and I want to approach her about it, but I'm not sure exactly how.

I know she has a boyfriend, or had, at the time I asked her out. I follower on social media, and she never posts any pictures with this guy. I am, however, certain she was telling the truth because a mutual friend has mentioned him once or twice.

Either way, I am very confused here. She knows I like her. Lately whenever I see her staring at my I would look back or sometimes just look down, but I haven't talked to her yet because I'm just not sure what to do. I am sure we both feel an attraction to each other. The thing is, I don't know her current relationship status and I have no clue as to what is going on inside her head, so any and all advice would be great. Thanks.