I screwed up and need some advice

• I screwed up and need some advice

Hello everyone

Firstly I’m really sorry about my English, it’s not my native language. I hope you can understand what I want to say. I’m also sorry that it’s kinda long I still hope that you find a bit of time to help me :)

I don’t really know where to start but I’ll give my best. Since five years I’m in this group of friends. We are four girls from the same town and we all went together to school. Let’s call them friend 1, 2 and 3. In winter 16 Friend 1 started to act really weird. She had a lot of other friends and therefor not a lot of time for us, that’s why we did much in a threesome. She began to slag about us and tried to divide the other three of us. We tried many times to talk to her and to get things back to normal, but she didn’t stop.
      Friend 2, 3 and I stopped to hang a lot out with Friend 1 and promised each other to tell us from now on everything so that this can not happen again.
      Around the same time I started to get feelings for the brother of Friend 2. I told her about it and she said she’s not against it. Her brother and I started to talk more at parties and it was all the time really funny and we laughed a lot. With the time Friend 2 started being against a relationship between the to of us. She said she want’s to protect me and doesn’t want my heart to get broken because she thinks that he’s not interested.

The idiot I am I didn’t fully listened to her and still talked to him when we were out. At one party it escalated and I got reamed out by her. She said she can’t believe that I’m so stupid and selfish and she wants that I stop talking to him. She also had a fight with him and she ignored me the rest of the night and I was really confused and shocked about her reaction.
      On our way home her brother texted me ( which was by the way the first time we texted ) and said that he wants to talk to me before he goes away for holiday( he flew in the morning with his friends). I also wanted to meet him to clarify things before he goes away for a week. But because it was already pretty late and our houses are far away and we were too drunk to drive we didn’t meet up. But we said we’ll talk again when he comes home the other week.

At the following day I met up with Friend 2 to talk. She said that she might have overreacted a bit but that she still wants me to stop talking to him. I told her that he wrote me after the party and that we want to have one talk when he comes back. She was really angry but in the end she said okay but that will be the last talk. I didn’t tell her that we wanted to meet up the other night because she was really really angry and I just didn’t want to make it even worse.
      While he was on vacation he sent me some selfies with his friends while he was drunk. I also didn’t tell her that because I didn’t want to make the fight between them even bigger because they are really close.

So, that was now around 1 month ago. I haven’t heard from him at all, in the end we didn’t met when he came back. I didn’t got in touch with him, because I really care for Friend 2 and I didn’t want to loose her.

A few days ago Friend 2 read the chat between me and her brother ( I don’t know why but she had his phone). She found out about the photos and that we wanted to meet up at the night before he went on vacation. Now she’s really disappointed and stopped having contact with me. She told me she doesn’t trust me anymore and probably never will again.
      Friend 3 is also very disappointed in me because I didn’t told her about those things and reduced her contact to me.

I’m helpless and don’t know how to handle the situation and how to make things up to them. I know I screwed up but I really don’t want to lose them…
      I hope you might have a little advice for me
    • Ok you can totally forget about Friend 1, she can find her own path. I think you should sort out the situation between Friend 2 and her brother. If you still got feelings for Friend 2's brother, reach out to him and tell him that you want to continue or at least sort out the mess. If you don't have any feelings towards him what so ever, tell that to your friend. Tell him that you screwed up, and should've listened to her. I think she'll understand. You should also tell Friend 3 your side of the story, and tell her what you got in your mind right now. We're only humans after all. We make mistakes, and the best we can do is learn from them. Be honest and rather choose the right way to handle things when you face the question between what is right and what is easy. Keep me updated if you need any help if the situation gets out of hand ;D !
    • ---- . Too many mysteries you suggest. Not odd. Not unusual.
      ---- You write and want to explicate, explain. extract, explore, accrurate, and put it down on paper [or, on computer / machine].
      ---- THAT is odd and unusual. Good for you to do so. Hard for most, Most never even try.
      ---- . Guarantees nothing.
      --- Relent is not same as relish. Some exact, tastes is different, testing always, however recording, but the TASTE is not the same, is it. THAT is NOT a QUESTION.
      --- YOU know better than all you write. You KNOW better than what you write.
      --- So write so such as you discover. Then re-write and re-discover what you originally write about that such stuff you write of as you actually experience. .
      --- Lie publically. But 'to thine own self be true'. Horror but real. Personally aware. Years of work.
      --- WORK at it. YES. WORK at it. Otherwise, as meaningless as any tippy-tapping on any keyboard or .... go figure.