Has anyone attempted suicide?

• Has anyone attempted suicide?

Hi!! I have been dealing with depression since my childhood. I first attempted suicide when I was 13 years old. I drank a bottle of household iodine as I thought it will take my life. But I was wrong, it just burst the inside of my mouth and throat. I was disappointed but continued to live my life.
      It was my freshman year at college. My mental state was distracting me so I sought advice from my college counselor. After my freshman year, my depression returned in full force. I was unable to do anything as the depression had completely incapacitated me. I attempted suicide again as I was finding it difficult to live my life. This time I survived because of my friends.
      I talked to the counselor and told him that this is my second attempt of suicide. Afterwards, I was dropped out of the college. He told my parents that I should undergo suicidal thoughts treatment therapy to overcome this situation. Does anyone have any idea regarding this treatment? My dad has scheduled an appointment with a therapist in Toronto for next week. Has anyone here had attempted suicide? Any advice or suggestions are highly appreciated.
    • If you have been given the chance to undergo this therapy, please take it.

I had a suicide attempt 2 years ago where I overdosed on a combination of pills. I was treated by CAMH's for a assessment but I was never followed up on. I still have received no treatment and essentially had to fight through mental illnesses by myself.
    • There is no way to attempt suicide. There is only suicide. If you want to die, you suicide. An attempt is just a call for attention, and you already know before that it is not a real suicide. Sometime it can be a real failed attempt, but in that case a person who wants to die, does it again very soon. So talk with someone and ask for attention in another way.
      All I wanna be is who I am