Friend pretended to hear voices

• Friend pretended to hear voices

I have a friend who I'm not going to name. She has Asperger's Syndrome and has trouble in a social environment and I'm her only friend in school. We started a relationship that was short lived but we decided to remain good friends but I knew she still fancied me as she still doesn't leave me alone. In our third year of secondary school she started to pretend to hear voices in her head. She told me the voices were of a character who she made up, Trixie. Me, being the only person who believed her, tried to help her through this. This lead to her bombarding me with desperate phone calls and her pretending that the voice could control her mind. 'Trixie' threatened to kill me and her on a number of occasions and seriously insulted me. It all came to a head when she sent me a picture of a noose around her neck, telling me that if I didn't say how to ruin my friend's life, 'Trixie' was going to make her jump. The school got involved and offered me any opportunity I needed to talk about how I felt about the whole thing. It wasn't needed at all though as out parents discussed it and my mum told me that if 'Trixie' started again, I should walk away. The following morning my friend told me that she had got 'Trixie' under control. It made me realize instantly that she had been making it up the whole time but I never told her I thought she faked it. I'm still very angry at her for it and I'm not ready to forgive her and to be honest I don't know if I even should. I realize that she does have Asperger's but she was very childish, manipulative and somewhat cruel about it. I felt like she had me and her parents wrapped around her little finger.Should I forgive her due to her condition or did she go too far?