Does he have a crush on me?

• Does he have a crush on me?

Hi everyone!

My best friend is a guy and I think he's got a crush on me. It's been 3 years of our friendship now and I usually share all my feelings and worries with him. From past few days, I've been getting closer to another guy whom I met recently, who also happens to be my best friend's friend too. I've been telling my best friend about all the conversation we used to have and a couple of time I did realize that he was getting jealous on how close I was getting to the other guy. I thought that was natural and since he is really a matured guy, I thought he would get over the childish jealousy soon. But yesterday he had some argument with this other guy, which turned into a nasty fight and he ended up breaking his tooth. I was not there at the moment, but later when I found out what he did, I was really shocked. He is not a kind of guy who would get into fights like this or break somebody's tooth. I even heard that the other guy was rushed to an emergency dental clinic in Toronto as he was bleeding very bad. Thankfully, it wasn't that serious and he is alright now. But, what worries me is, why did my best friend have to react like this? This is so much not like him and I'm thinking this happened because of the jealousy that was building up. How do I confirm it? Should I speak to him directly about it? Would it affect our friendship in anyway? What should I do? Please advice.