How can I tell when it's time for me and my girlfriend to finally meet?

• How can I tell when it's time for me and my girlfriend to finally meet?

I’ve recently started online dating and somehow matched with this amazing woman from abroad. I’m no good at these type of things which makes me thankful for a foreign affairs by pairing me with my girlfriend.

We’ve been chatting, emailing, skyping, and calling each other for a couple of months. I’m wondering when’s the right time to meet her in person.

How can I tell when it’s time to take the next step forward in our relationship? I don’t want to seem like I’m rushing things and leave her with a bad impression.

Besides knowing when the right time is, are there any other factors I need to consider before making a move? Are there any things I should plan ahead of time and jot down in my agenda? If I do feel like everything is at its place, I want our date to be special and not be some casual meet and greet thing.

I can personally say that being far behind in the dating scene has left me clueless and lost but I am pretty confident that once I get everything in place, I could pull off a great evening for my special lady. Money isn’t an issue for me as long as I get to meet my girlfriend whether it be ticket fares, hotel booking fees, and so on. How do you guys think I should bring it up to her?

Should I make the travel arrangements before letting her know, or should I try surprising her? If so, is there anything I should take into account? Any comments and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance!
    • Wait.. you call her a GF, but you have never met? Is that not really, a 'friend" that might become a gf after you meet?
      If both of you think it is a 'forever' relationship, then you need to meet in real life. Because the entire relationship might change when you meet. Do not make any huge decisions or committments until you have met in real life.