Visiting my Filipina girlfriend. How to prepare for my visit?

• Visiting my Filipina girlfriend. How to prepare for my visit?

I need advice for my first visit to the Philippines. I’ll be visiting my girlfriend of six months. We met on A Foreign Affair about a year ago. I’m really excited to meet her in person.

Based on our recent conversations, I can assume she has a good character and a really sweet person. She’s also gorgeous, the type of beauty that I love, but unfortunately can’t find in my area.

I’ve lived in Cambridge, Massachusetts for about ten years now and have travelled outside of the country only once. I earn quite a significant amount monthly which is my main source of income for my incoming travel. I’m still curious about the average amount I have to have with me before leaving.

How much do travellers usually spend for two weeks? Can I use my credit card in case of emergencies?

My girlfriend is helping me find accommodation near her place. Should I send her money ahead for payments or do I pay it when I arrive? She also said that she doesn’t have a car or any other vehicle for transportation.

She suggested we just take public vehicles during my visit. Do I need to worry about that? Are the cab fares in the Philippines expensive?

What else do I need to prepare for my visit? Any travel tips for my trip?