How long will it take to recover from a PRK eye surgery?

• How long will it take to recover from a PRK eye surgery?

How long will it take to recover from a PRK eye surgery? I have been experiencing blurred vision. My ophthalmologist said that I am diagnosed with astigmatism when I went for a regular checkup. He suggested undergoing PRK eye surgery from a clinic in Toronto. I am hearing about astigmatism and PRK for the first time. So I searched online regarding them and I came to know that astigmatism is a common condition in which the surface of the eye, or cornea, is not curved in the normal way, leading to blurred vision. It may also be caused by an irregularly shaped lens, located behind the cornea. The main symptoms of this are having blurred vision at all distances, headache, eye strain and excessive squinting. PRK is a type of vision correction surgery used to correct the refractive error causing farsightedness, nearsightedness or astigmatism. The procedure involves reshaping of the surface of the cornea using an excimer laser. I am a bit nervous after reading this article. Are there any complications in undergoing the surgery? Please share your insights. Thank you!