Separation anxiety, how to deal with it?

• Separation anxiety, how to deal with it?

I’ve always heard that the hardest part about visiting Cebu is leaving, and boy isn’t that the truth. I didn’t just fall in love with the place, but I also fell in love with the people. I went to Malapascua Island as a side trip after my interracial date tour. I went diving and got to hangout with the people in there. Going back to the states was really hard on the heart for me.

The “separation anxiety” kicked in badly since the day I arrived home which was three days ago. I’m quite missing the people I’ve made friends with in the island as well as the activities we’ve been doing daily like diving, swimming, biking, eating and drinking.

I’m not used to this kind of feeling after a trip. How do you guys usually keep up with this sentimental feeling? How long does this usually take and how do I keep up fast? I swore to myself that I’ll be coming back soon so there’s that. Just really want to get this emotion off my chest.
    • carlfx2 wrote:

I’ve always heard that the hardest part about visiting Cebu is leaving, and boy isn’t that the truth. I didn’t just fall in love with the place, but I also fell in love with the people. I went to Malapascua Island as a side trip after my interracial date tour. I went diving and got to hangout with the people in there. Going back to the states was really hard on the heart for me.

The “separation anxiety” kicked in badly since the day I arrived home which was three days ago. I’m quite missing the people I’ve made friends with in the island as well as the activities we’ve been doing daily like diving, swimming, biking, eating and drinking.

I’m not used to this kind of feeling after a trip. How do you guys usually keep up with this sentimental feeling? How long does this usually take and how do I keep up fast? I swore to myself that I’ll be coming back soon so there’s that. Just really want to get this emotion off my chest.

Quite interesting, Recently, I left some place. The ppl I bonded with were not there to stay, only several more months. I also didn't really know the lingo. I'm afraid that after some months, a lonlieness could kick in. Or getting into some relationship just to keep it down.

I reckon you didn't have those obstacles in your loving Cebu?