How mature do you think 13+ teens are?

• How mature do you think 13+ teens are?

Hi. I'm 13 years old and as always, people expect from me to be very unmature, rude, disident like etc...
      But I actually am pretty intelligent.
      I speak five languages, play violin, have an IQ of 123 and already having sexual/romantic relationships. It's just, whenever a 13 year old shows up here asking a bit more thought-provoking or more serious or scientific question, older folks tend to laugh. Why? This only proves your inmaturity. ?(
      (P.S. sorry for any grammar mistakes :whistling: )
      I don't exist, because I'm not there :whistling:
    • Hey,

Age doesn't always line up with maturity, I'm sure you've figured that out by now. Maturity also does not line up with intelligence; i don't doubt your intelligence and neither should older folks on this forum! But maturity is wildly different. Maturity is about being in control of yourself, your emotions, realizing your impact upon others and making rational decisions. I was also very mature for my age when i was young, but that doesnt mean you dont have a long way to go.

People have expectations for young teens to be rude and disrespectful due to a lot of hormonal changes that occur around the time of puberty, so its more of a misguided assumption that you can easily disprove.

Also, i advise you to proceed with caution in your relationships, be they sexual, romantic or platonic. I suggest that you do some reading up on understanding the healthy dynamics of a relationship, red flags, signs of manipulation and abuse, along with general relationship advice. Learing these things the hard way sucks and teens often aren't taught about how to have healthy relationships.

I've spoken to some very mature and intelligent 13 year olds, just set out to prove everyone wrong! :)