How mature do you think 13+ teens are?

• How mature do you think 13+ teens are?

Hi. I'm 13 years old and as always, people expect from me to be very unmature, rude, disident like etc...
      But I actually am pretty intelligent.
      I speak five languages, play violin, have an IQ of 123 and already having sexual/romantic relationships. It's just, whenever a 13 year old shows up here asking a bit more thought-provoking or more serious or scientific question, older folks tend to laugh. Why? This only proves your inmaturity. ?(
      (P.S. sorry for any grammar mistakes :whistling: )
      I don't exist, because I'm not there :whistling:
    • Hey,

Age doesn't always line up with maturity, I'm sure you've figured that out by now. Maturity also does not line up with intelligence; i don't doubt your intelligence and neither should older folks on this forum! But maturity is wildly different. Maturity is about being in control of yourself, your emotions, realizing your impact upon others and making rational decisions. I was also very mature for my age when i was young, but that doesnt mean you dont have a long way to go.

People have expectations for young teens to be rude and disrespectful due to a lot of hormonal changes that occur around the time of puberty, so its more of a misguided assumption that you can easily disprove.

Also, i advise you to proceed with caution in your relationships, be they sexual, romantic or platonic. I suggest that you do some reading up on understanding the healthy dynamics of a relationship, red flags, signs of manipulation and abuse, along with general relationship advice. Learing these things the hard way sucks and teens often aren't taught about how to have healthy relationships.

I've spoken to some very mature and intelligent 13 year olds, just set out to prove everyone wrong! :)
    • Hi! I'm a little bit older than you but I know that feeling. I think you can't say 13 yo ppl are mature or not. Bc it depends of the person you are, what you've been through, your actions and your behavior, ppl around you, and tbh I don't think things like being able to play violin define your maturity.
      What I want to say is that ppl shouldn't judge you by your age, but you also should know that they're older than you and in a certain way, they've been through this feeling too.

Anyway, I'd like to apologize for my broke English, I'm not a native speaker so don't be harsh abt that please ~~
      Have a nice day!
    • I am back here. Looking back, actually, that was depressing. I am now currently volcel (opposite of IN-cel) and I am probably going to become a monk if God permits. I was oversexualized as a child, I still am probably. Though my IQ has relatively shifted, between 115 and 130 though it doesn't matter to me anymore. I am focused on singing in church, learning theology, making icons and prayer ropes and rosaries and basically turning 180 from what I was at 13 years old. I asked that question here as you can guess because of self-affirmation. I still play the violin, I cook, I made a constructed hypothetical historical language, I make money by cleaning graves and from selling my handmade jewellery (sorry for the spelling if it's wrong).
      My grandmother died in the meantime which was quite a shock and a conciousness alarm, to start being serious. Not so long after that post up there, I got baptized into the Eastern Orthodox Church. Basically, I love that God found me and that I have continously been trying to fight back to the traumas and to the bad stuff that's been going on. Currently, I am happy how the things are, it's good!
      I don't exist, because I'm not there :whistling:
    • What's the fun in being mature :chairdance:
      Mostly probably not, but they haven't been through the life experiences that you need to be able to be mature in the correct way in different situations. Everyone of us will probably have a better understanding of dealing with situations in 5, 10 or however many years time. Just look at what we'd all have thought of being in a pandemic only a few years ago

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • most of them are into playing Roblox and Minecraft so not very mature.

Sorry if you’re older and play these games. No offense

that sounds pretty stereotypical I know. I realize some 13 yr olds are very mature for their age.
      I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you
      I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you
    • I once was a big brother of an almost 13 year old. The more I got to know him better, I came to the conclusion that he was actually a very adult individual and could be a big brother of a younger boy. He's now fifteen, almost sixteen, and actually looks after tween and younger teens. He is very involved in social work with young people.

But to stick with the topic, arguably the most mature of his decisions was that at 13/14 he decided not to be mature enough to have sex.