My boyfriend is a DOTA addict

• My boyfriend is a DOTA addict

I don’t know what to feel or react but I think I’m jealous with my boyfriend’s addiction in DOTA. It’s not that he doesn’t have time for me. It is only that DOTA seems to be of higher priority compared to our dates. Last Saturday, I told him that we’ll visit the newly-opened taco resto in town, after its announcement in a foreign socials, but he cancelled it due to his DOTA tournament. Does this mean that he values DOTA more than me, or am I just paranoid? I need your help on this.
    • if he's truely addicted, you can expect, that he values that game higher than you.

that doesn't necessarily mean he don't love you anymore, but cause of his addiction he's kinda not able to focus on the relationship of the both of you.

Supposed he's addicted, I'm afraid to say, you may not be able to help him on your own. You need help, at least you should talk to a psychologist, psychiatrist, addiction counselor or such.

First of all just for gaining informations what steps can be taken to help your friend.