Father suffering from Parkinson's disease

• Father suffering from Parkinson's disease

My father is suffering from Parkinson's disease. The disease was diagnosed a few months ago. I feel really sad for him because he is facing difficulties while walking and falls often. I feel so sad for him. His health condition is getting worse. During the early stages of this disease, he had changes in his body posture and walking. He had tremor and movement symptoms. During the mid stages, he started losing his balance and there was lag in all his movements. Days gone by, his disease got severe. It is difficult for him to eat and dress alone. I used to feed him every day and help him in dressing. It is impossible for him to stand without assistance. I bought a walker and nowadays he uses it while I am away from home. It is difficult for him to fulfill his daily activities. I am really worried about him. It is difficult for me to take care of him alone. I have to cook food clean the house and go to market. In Between, I have to care for him and also manage my time for studies. I am really scared to leave him alone. If I leave him alone, he might fall somewhere. We need some assistance. I need a caregiver who could provide mental and physical support. I am looking for in-home caregivers in Toronto. Can you suggest a good one?
    • I'm so sorry that your father has Parkinson's disease. He's very fortunate to have you to care about him and care for him. But it can be very difficult, especially if all the burden of responsibility rests on you.
      You might want to contact the Canadian government (and also look in the front of the phone book for governmental agencies that might be able to provide assistance) in case you qualify for free home assistance. I also found some websites that might help (but I don't know if they're free) at:
      google.com/search?newwindow=1&…i67j0i67j0i10.Kod5dXjYzz8